Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

what to wear for nites out -dancing,clubs,ect.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 10:25 PM
martha

I'm ok on shorts and swimsuits and casual stuff for daytime but I'm positivly a wreck for nite-time going out clothes! We like to party and love to dance -jeans and tank-tops, sun-dresses? shorts and tees, Please help - we leave this week for Playa del carmen and I have my entire closet packed.<BR>THANKS TO YOU ALL WHO WILL DRESS ME APPROPRIATLY(MY HUSBAND THANKS YOU ALSO!!)

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 04:09 AM
Jean

We're leaving for Playa on Wednesday, forecast for the weekend is highs only of 70F. Brr. I'd pack some jeans and sweaters. Hopefully, the weather pundits are wrong and it will be warmer. Haven't been before, so can't help you with what to pack. Where are you staying?

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 10:40 AM
kindly, susan

Martha... The best help I can give you is to UNpack that entire closet from your suitcase!! No kidding. Who want to drag all that weight around in your suitcase, when you'll only wear a few favorite things? First you do not need as many shorts, tops, swimsuits as you think you do (I can tell from your post~ haha!). For nighttime, a sundress, maybe with lightweight silk cardigan over it if the weather's chilly. Short or long skirt(s) with sandals and nice top are always fine for evening in a resort town. I personally never travel with jeans (too heavy) but rather lightweight &quot;palazzo&quot; style loose rayon/cotton print pants w/ vest or tanktop on top. I've been to Mexico 15 times, always in only a 22&quot; carryon suitcase. Hope some of this is helpful ;-)

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 08:28 PM
jj

We leave for Playa this Friday and I too have been anxiously watching the weather - cold and wet I can get up here in the midwest for free! Also love to dance and looking forward to the clubs, but have been going crazy about what to pack! Don't have any sundresses, so I'm taking lightweight pants and jeans and tanks &amp; t's for the clubs. Susan, can you suggest some fun nightspots?

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 10:22 AM
susan

For jj~~ sorry no advice about night spots... i've never been to playa del carmen but go to puerto vallarta a couple times a year &amp; just posted what works for women's packing/clothing there ;-)<BR>

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 05:32 AM
carlos

Since most all women in PDC go topless on the beaches you can leave the bikini tops at home and just take the bottoms (string style is the preferred choice it seems). Really short shorts so your cheeks hang out are very popular with just some really small breast coverings, sort of like a little patch on each one is good for town. You are there to let it all hang out so for it. You will be hot babe for sure.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 11:34 AM
DOM

AGREE WITH CARLOS. MARTHA WILL BE ONE OF THE HOTTEST BABES THERE I AM SURE.