What to do in Ambergris Caye

Sep 11th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

What to do in Ambergris Caye

6 females are going to Amergris Caye for a few days in Feb....some love water sports, and others..not so much...any suggestions of things to do while there other than water sports?
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:34 PM

AC is centered around the beach, snorkeling and scuba diving so it's a strange place to go if you don't like water sports.

Send the ones who don't on a several day trip to Tikal in Guatemala. Tropic Air can arrange it.
Sep 11th, 2007, 03:33 PM

Full day trips from the island to Lamanai or Altun Ha Mayan sites, river cave tubing, zip lines, rock climbing, the zoo, spa time on the island.
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:47 PM

Hop on a bike and ride north on the 'road' north of the cut. Then spend an enjoyable afternoon bar hopping down the beach on the way back.
Sep 11th, 2007, 07:29 PM

Frankly, I found Ambergris a bit boring and not all that attractive. I went for the snorkeling, which was average, although it was nice to snorkel with the rays and nurse sharks. Other than reading a book, I don't know how someone who didn't enjoy water sports would spend their time in Ambergris. I enjoyed other parts of Belize, like Cave Branch, more than Ambergris.
Sep 12th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

o.k....got the picture....probably make some excursions off the island as well as kicking back with a good book and enjoying the sun before returning to cold east coast....thanks