Reload this Page >

What to do in 1-day cruise stop in Costa Rica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:39 AM
Robbin

My husband and I will be stopping in Costa Rica as a cruise port. We're docking in Limon. Having about 5 hours of time to tour around, any suggestions on what we can realistically see or do in that time frame. We would like to see as much as possible.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 10:07 AM
Ally

Wow. Only 5 hours? That's not a lot of time to do anything in Costa Rica.<BR>What is the cruise ship offering? Perhaps something they have will be of interest and you can research it to see if you can do it on your own. <BR>I've heard that Limon is a big, somewhat ugly port city with not much to offer, so find out what excurions the cruise is offering and see if you can get out of Limon for your short time period! Good luck!

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 04:20 PM
M

please be careful in Limon and leave all valuables on board ship. there have been 13 tourist roberies or assults in the last two weeks

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:53 PM
conquestador

Stay on the ship!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:38 AM
Dave

My wife and I were on a cruise in February 2000. When we got to Limon we took the tour to the rainforest for the aerial and then walking tour. Well worth it. On the way back we stopped at a banana plantation and then lunch at a road side restaurant. The tour took 4-5 hours. Check on board the cruise ship to see what tours they have scheduled. We were on Crown Princess. They really do have anything well timed. The following year we got married in Limon. It is true that Limon is not pretty but the market area was quite interesting.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:47 PM
Leslie

Do not take a tour on your own...do an excursion booked through the ship. I would recommend either the tour to Tortuguero or the rainforest ariel tram...the ship should offer both tours but you will only have time to do one. Leave all valuables on the ship...no jewelry, credit cards, etc. and take only a small amount of cash carried around your neck in a carrier and tucked inside your shirt....at Tortuguero you can purchase items from the Carribbean conservation group/the sea turtles, etc. and you can make a $25 donation to &quot;adopt&quot; a turtle for year...if you are into the nature and turtles go to Tortuguero...if you just want to see lush green scenery and probably no animals and probably some rain, do the ariel rainforest canopy tour. Good luck and have a great time!

Old Feb 24th, 2003, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTT