What to do and see in Costa Rica

Old Aug 7th, 1997, 06:51 AM
Marcio Moritz

What to do and see in Costa Rica

Can't get enough info from here in Rio (Brazil). My special interest are: nature (animals, forests and volcanos), beaches, scuba diving and white-water rafting. Anyone can help me to setup a 10-15 days trip in September??? Is it a good time to be in Costa Rica, is it dry or wet seazon??? Does anybody know when diving is best in Costa Rica??? Feel free to e-mail me if you want.

Old Aug 7th, 1997, 10:50 PM
Juana Perea

There is plenty to do in C.R... if you are adventurous and do not mind the potholes, drive North from San Jose to the Arenal Volcano, spend the night there. Then visit the Guanacaste area, Tamarindo recomended. All price range hotels. I was not particulary impressed with the diving... no coral, visibility of barely 30 ft. Thermocline at 70, got really cold ! Many sharks, yet you get actually tired of them after a while. I would rather spend my time discovering the wonders above water. Monteverde on the way back is really cool, the forest calls for a good walk and there are many activities around, the Hummingbird Gallery being a must.. Whitewater rafting is awesome, and the operators very serious and safe. The Pacuare river is a 4-5 class, a total blast. Then you could go SW towards Manuel Antonio. Long drive but worth it. The park is awesome, and the atmosphere getting there is imposible to describe... small places full of friendly people. Would love to share more information, feel free to e.mail.

Old Aug 20th, 1997, 04:41 PM
Cathy

Hi!
Ditto to everything Juana mentioned in her reply. We rented a VW CamperVan from Siesta campers and did our own driving. Take the pot holes warning seriously! Costa Rica is very beautiful and the Canopy Tours in the rain forest at Monteverde is a real kick. Don't know about the scuba diving in CR but in Belize and on the island of Roatan in Honduras, the scuba diving is fantastic.

Buen Viaje!

Cathy

Old Sep 11th, 1997, 11:16 AM
Andy

Mario--Time is getting short before you go so before you leave here is a E-mail in the country. We had a great time with them and they helped arrange inexpensive tours that had adventure. Try [email protected] and maybe they can help you out with your needs. We had a great time and you can to. Andy

Old Sep 11th, 1997, 11:20 AM
Andy

Marcio--Time is getting short before you go so before you leave here is a E-mail in the country. We had a great time with them and they helped arrange inexpensive tours that had adventure. Try [email protected] and maybe they can help you out with your needs. We had a great time and you can to. Andy