Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

What is the weather like in Zihuatanejo in February?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Steve

I'm planning a Feb 2003 honeymoon and recently realized that instead of the Caribbean, the pacific coast may be nice. I've been to the Carib. many times but I'm unfamiar with Mexico's weather during the winter months.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Susan

We were in Zihuatanejo maybe 3 or 4 years ago in February or March and the weather was perfect. Clear and sunny every day for the 2 weeks we were there. Friends were there for 3 months (January to March) and said the weather was like that the whole time. I always find that the weather on the Caribbean side can be a little unsettled, so I was really thrilled.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 03:47 AM
Karl

Steve,<BR> I agree with Susan,wife and I were down to Ixtapa Zihuatanejo area the last two years and the weather was perfect that time of year.80's with a breeze off the ocean during the day and 70's at nite with a lite breeze off the mountains. The weather does get a little warm midday away from the ocean. Good Luck and have a Great time.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:07 AM
Melissa

Any additional details that you may be willing so share regarding Zihuatanejo travel would be appreciated. We have planned our honeymoon there for November/December 2002. I have been told that the weather is perfect (low 80's in the day w/ a breeze and low 70's at night). I have found that the Pacific coast seems to be less traveled (or less info shared on it for some reason). It has been tough to find details on. However, those that have spent time there highly reccommend it. We found a secluded Bed & Breakfast Inn on the beach. How about you?

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:25 AM
lisa

Melissa, we just came back from Ixtapa. Did not make it to Zih, but make sure that you actually talk/email someone who has stayed at your B & B. Pictures can be deceiving. It is Mexico, and their standards are way below the US. A 5-star to them is about 3 to us. Also, take diarrhea medicine--we were careful, but got it anyway! Also mosquito repellent!!