Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

What are some of the NEW resorts in Playa Del Carmen ?

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 08:56 PM
Anna

Hello,
We're about to decide where to go for our vacation early next year and are wondering if anyone might know what are some of the newest, five star, resorts in Playa del Carmen ?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help !

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Parrot Mom

Go to...//www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/vacation/cancun.cgi? We are headed to the Iberostar Paraiso on the 27th..it's gotten great feedback..

Old Oct 16th, 2001, 08:50 AM
Angie

The Royal Hideaway is said to be the nicest and it is the highest rated. One step down would be the Aventura Palace, Iberostar, Barcelo Maya, Gala Resort Playacar or the Moon Palace which is slightly North.--Angie --Travel by Nelson

Old Oct 16th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Lisa

Anna,

Try the new Xpu-Ha Palace it is fabulous! It is not in Playa but real close! Also we got a tour of the Spa Palace 6 star! which is set to open in November it will be the most luxurious I have ever seen!

Check out this site for more info
www.palaceresortsmexico.com

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 06:23 AM
Denice

Having been to Playa del Carmen four times and going again in Dec 01, we love the Riu Palace. Its a 5 star grand palace hotel with all suites located in the hotel zone of Playa. The hotel is a magnificent place and the staff provides top notch service! Not to mention that you are perfectly located to the town, ferry to Cozumel and the ruins.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 09:54 PM
Anna

Thank you everyone for info + websites !

Old Mar 24th, 2010, 07:53 PM

How about the Royal in Playa del Carmen? I am deciding btw that one, Royal Hideaway and Rui Palace. My boyfriend and I are in our 30's and need a good balance of sun, fun, relaxing and a nice resort with good food, gym and amenities.
thoughts????
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 08:01 AM

I don't stay in AI's but I know where these are. The big difference is that the Royal is in the heart of the north end of the city. If you walk out of the resort, you are on 5th avenue which is lined with fun restaurants, shops, bars, etc. The other two are in the more sedate and residential Playacar area at the south end of town. It depends on what you want.
The north end of the town typically has a wider beach, but this can change from year to year.