Reload this Page >

Whale Watching in Puerto Vallarta?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Tommybuoy

I will be there with my family in mid Feb. Is this a good time to see whales?

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 02:34 PM
loangalsal

We went whale watching in PV Feb 2001. We saw many whales. I highly recommend the "Bloodhound" sailboat to go whale watching. Absolutely beautiful boat and the crew was amazing. Have fun!

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 07:15 AM
kathy

I was there last Feb. Saw many pods of whales. Try Vallarta Adventures. They are the most organised travel company. I thought their prices were reasonable. The crews are fantastic!! We went on 3 different trips with them and I can't find a bad thing to say!!!

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 11:12 AM
KATOMAN

We were there last Feb. I went on a small fishing excursion,booked by some guy on the beach. We went out in a small boat. We pretty much trolled the shoreline. We saw many whales and actually got pretty close to them. We also got a close up view of the shoreline and the many beaches and even some small villages. There were these giant sting rays that would pass below the boat and dwarf it. I also saw a hugh jelly fish!! I cost me about $50.00 and was worth every penny. We even manage to catch some fish, tuna and barracuda. We were out 6 hours and the guy even furnished the beer!!!

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 01:47 PM
Nicole

My fiance and I were there December 4-12 and we took a whale watching / dolphin spotting cruise. We were told not to expect any whales, just dolphins but managed to get sightings of at least three separate pods...Was told that sightings get more frequent as the winter progresses. I'm pretty sure that you'll get a tail sighting at the very least! Have fun.