Search

Honeymoon Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 05:02 PM
Judy

Honeymoon Suggestions

Getting married December 1st, 2001. My fiance and I are trying to decide on our honeymoon (between Mexico and Barbados)..any recommendations or thoughts would be helpful. We are looking for a luxury hotel or resort with excellent beach and great service. We want to be lazy the entire time and just swim and sun but would like the option to explore if we get motivated. Any thoughts on where to stay?

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 07:54 PM
LIZ

The Royal Hideaway in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico....<BR>Up-scale, laid back elegance with the greatest food and service....<BR>Check AllegroResorts.Com or e-mail me if you have any specific questions...<BR><BR>LIZ

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 12:27 PM
Susan

It's been many years since I was in Barbados, but I've been to Mexico many times. Barbados is very very expensive - given the size of the island, most products are imported. Plus it is a small island - even you do feel like travelling around, it doesn't take long to cover the whole island. <BR><BR>On the other hand, there's a lot to see and do in Mexico. For a honeymoon, I'd probably chose one of the very expensive places in Zihuatenejo - Casa que Canta or something along those lines. There's been several posts about Zihuatanejuo - you can do a search and find them in this forum.

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 12:32 PM
judy

Hi I would not do Barbados we got married there in 1998 and it was the worst island we have ever been to, very poor not much to see or do! Try Mexico it a lot cheaper you have beautiful ruins to see ect...

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 12:38 PM
Judy

Thanks for the input! I will definitely check out Zihuatenejo and Playa del Carmen. They sound lovely.

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 01:17 PM
xxxxxx

Tamarindo, north of Manzanillo. You could ask for a better honeymoon destination!

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 01:19 PM
xxxxxx

Tamarindo, north of Manzanillo. You could ask for a better honeymoon destination! You can check it out at Different World website. We loved it!

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 01:28 PM
Jean Valjean

Try "La Casa que Canta" in Zihuatanejo. Can't go wrong with that one.<BR><BR>www.lacasaquecanta.com.mx

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Crystal

I am a travel consultant, and based on my own opinion and that of other clients and colleagues I would definitely recommend Mexico over Barbados.<BR><BR>I personally would suggest the Riviera Maya area. The Royal Hideaway is absolutely wonderful! This area of Mexico offers plenty to see and do, yet is far enough away from the "big cities" of Cancun and PDC that you have lots of privacy.<BR><BR>