Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Wedding in Manuel Antonia JAN2023. Honey Moon Input requested!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2022, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone! This is my first post so go easy on me. My fiance and I are getting married this upcoming January 2023 at the Mariposa in Manuel Antonio! I'm looking mainly for Honeymoon Advice/excursion advice.

A little background on why we settled on Costa Rica. Stephanie my fiance studied abroad for her minor in Spanish and has been wanting to go back ever since! With the pandemic and everyone's lack of travel we decided it would be a great opportunity for a destination wedding and give all our friends/family something to look forward to(Everone is super excited)

*Dj and Catering are the last on our wedding planning to-do list so would love any referrals! I really want to have a roasted pig as the main dish I'm not sure if that's possible.

Wednesday - Day 1
Arriving at SJO airport and driving to MA and checking in at the Mariposa

Thursday - Day 2
Relaxing around the hotel and greeting guests.

Friday - Day 3
Wedding

Saturday Day 4
No real plans, but last night at the mariposa(wanted to be there to see guests off on Sunday morning).

Days 5-8or9 Sunday-Wednesday

Looking to book our Honeymoon location this week, but I can't decide between

Naraya Springs or Arenas del mar I know I can't go wrong, but I can't decide and the fiance has left this in my hands.

Prices are similar, but Naraya spring is a 4hr drive and I just wasn't sure if my time was better spent staying in MA at Arenas del mar

My fiance is really into birds and is very knowledgeable so I really want to take her on a fantastic bird watching excursion, a hike, and a night tour of some kind.
For me quality food is everything and Wildlife, in general, is a huge plus in general.
Would love any input from restaurants In MA and Arenal, Driver/Taxi recommendations, tour guides etc.

p.s Locals tend to be 420 friendly? we come from a legal state and would like to partake

Wednesday - Day 8 <------

Stay 1 more night at the resort we pick or travel to SJO and stay the night there to be closer to the airport?

Thursday - Day 9
Fly out of SJO
*Flights have been purchased yet

Last edited by BFA_PINO; Mar 7th, 2022 at 02:15 PM.
Old Mar 7th, 2022, 02:47 PM

If it were me, I'd go somewhere other than Manuel Antonio since you'll be spending time there already. We've stayed at Nayara, and it's gorgeous. The Springs Resort and Spa is also really nice. For wildlife spotting, you can go hiking at the Arenal Observatory Lodge, do the guided trail at Bogarin Trail, or do the Cano Negro boat tour with Desafio. I believe pot is illegal in Costa Rica. Probably more commonly found on the Carib. side than in other areas.
Old Mar 7th, 2022, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by volcanogirl
If it were me, I'd go somewhere other than Manuel Antonio since you'll be spending time there already. We've stayed at Nayara, and it's gorgeous. The Springs Resort and Spa is also really nice. For wildlife spotting, you can go hiking at the Arenal Observatory Lodge, do the guided trail at Bogarin Trail, or do the Cano Negro boat tour with Desafio. I believe pot is illegal in Costa Rica. Probably more commonly found on the Carib. side than in other areas.
Input from the famous volcanogirl! Well i think its settleed Naraya springs(fiance slight prefrnence) it is! I wasn't sure since we would busy with all the wedding stuff if we would get to really take in MA

Is it pretty easy to set up transportation?
Old Mar 8th, 2022, 10:11 AM

Yes - we usually set up our transportation through the hotels when we book them. We just compare prices and go with whichever is less expensive. Congrats on your wedding!