Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Weather in Cancun - is week of November ??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. I'm thinking of going to Cancun the first week of Nov. What's the weather like then? Is this a good time to go?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 05:47 AM

Hi!!! My husband & I went to Cancun the first wk of November last year. The forecast on CNN was rain for the first 5 days we were going. I was so depressed, it was a surprise birthday present for my husband and I asked God to please give him a great vacation, our original plans were to go to P. Vallarta but they had a hurricane & our hotel was not opened yet so we changed our plans and went to Cancun. When we arrived it was raining, I didn't let it get me down, we arrived at the hotel and it was so beautiful and wonderful I & my husband were very excited. The doorman asked if he could do anything for us and I asked if he could guarantee us some sunshine, he said wait a minute, looked on a piece of paper and said I'm so sorry. We went to bed and awoke to sunshine and the sun was shining for the whole week. Not a drop of rain until the day we were leaving. So check CNN weather and if the forecast is rain say a little prayer and have a great vacation because we have been to Cancun numerous times and never had a full week of sun, just this time that I prayed. Good Luck!!! Please let me know how you make out.
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 06:48 AM

Weather in the fall months in Cancun can be "iffy." But unless there's a major tropical storm or hurricane (which you can't do anything about nor predict it's timing), it's usually a great time to go. You may experience some rainy moments, but more often than not, the weather is great. Plus it's cheaper to have a Cancun vacation in the fall - so, book your trip, try not to worry too much, and have a great time.
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 12:21 PM

I have friends who went once the week before thanksgiving and it rained the entire time. I would stick with butsey and try some prayers. If there is a hurricane or tropical storm then there isn't much you can do. I would just take my chances and go.
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 06:26 PM

We went to Cancun in January and the weather on the internet said it would be raining all week. When we got there it was beautiful ... windy, but warm and sunny. I think it drizzled a few hours one day. We will be going to Cozumel over Thanksgiving and also will be praying for sun.