Search

Weather in Belize?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather in Belize?

My husband and I are thinking of going to belize in mid-december. we are thinking of staying at the Turtle Inn in placencia. how is the weather then? the hotel said the high is around 65. does it get warm enough to enjoy the beach? thanks.
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:28 AM

High of 65? And a low of...? I think the Inn misunderstood your question. Go, have a great time and enjoy the tropics.
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:32 PM

You might want to consider Lighthouse Reef Resort. The snorkeling is good to excellent and the diving program is first rate. It is rustic but all units are air-conditioned. A cabana on the beach, though made of cement blocks is clean "as a whistle" and the meals are good not great. But a 1 week snorkel package is about $12000 and $1500 for divers with 3 meals a day. In Dec. you will have 75-80 high's by day and 65-70 at night. We have been there 4 times over the last 8-10 years. Hope this helps. ONly Anthony's Key Resort in Honduras compares (food is beeter) but we have only been there 1 time. A bit nicer surroundings but divers were treated better,in my opinion, at Lighthouse Reef.
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 03:46 PM

Lighthouse Reef is great, as are the other two atolls in Belize. But its a much different experience than Turtle Inn and Placencia area as there's lots lots more to do in both the sea and jungle (nature hikes, caves, maya sites, monkeys, manatees, birds, river kayaking,etc) from Placencia. We can get a cold front in December, so maybe maybe the temps cam drop to the 70's at night along the sea. But assume temps in the day will be mid 80's-90's.
Old Aug 3rd, 2004, 05:14 PM

We went to Belize last December for x-mas and the highs were 80-90 during the day. I think that 65 might be off base and you'll pack too heavily if you anticipate this. We had 5 days of mostly sun and 2 days of a lot of rain. I rarely wore anything but shorts and we spent a lot of time on the beach. Brought one pair of light weight capri pants to wear in the evenings and this was a good idea. Enjoy!
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 07:37 AM

One good thing in december, there is very little humidity. Days are hot and sunny, nights are veryconfortable and breeze. Bring a sweater for breeze night close to the beach and shorts. It will hardly go to 65....