Weather in August

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 02:32 PM
steady

Weather in August

We are thinking of spending two weeks in Cancun in mid-August of 2001. Some Canadians have warned us the weather is way too hot then and others have warned us that is when they have their rainy season. Is this a poor time to see Mexico for the first time?
We also have access to RCI timeshare hotels in the area. Any other timeshare holders that could make some recommendations?

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 02:50 PM
Kat

Your friends are correct. It will be extremely hot and humid in Cancun in August.

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 04:32 PM
d motl

NOT-- unless you are part lizard

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 02:33 PM
KatIsRight

Kat is absolutely correct.

It is UNBELIEVABLY hot and humid in August. The air is so heavy it's difficult to breathe.
We have distant family living in Merida; hot and humid almost year-round.
Mexico is THE place for a Winter vacation to escape the cold.

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 02:30 AM
JoAnn

Steady, sorry I can't help with the weather, but will recommend some help wiht the timeshares in Cancun--and elsewhere. Go to WWW.TUG2.NET a BBS that is for and by timeshare owners, where we discuss just these questions, and can give ideas on the resorts around the world. You do not have to be a member to get into the BBS, but must be a member to access the review sections on timeshares around the world. Email me if you would like more information--I'll be happy to help in any way I can. JoAnn