Wanted:Romantic Anniversary Vacation Suggestions

Old Nov 16th, 1997, 12:52 PM
TSherrod

Wanted:Romantic Anniversary Vacation Suggestions

My husband and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary in August. We were married in Cancun so we're going back to Mexico to celebrate. Requirements: Privacy, snorkeling/scuba,golf (?), good food and wine, some night life (?). Thinking about Huatulcan, Zihuatanejo, Cozumel. Want something less touristy than Cancun but also few things to do. A private villa or bungalow with a small private pool would be great! A private B&B? All inclusive, if it's remote, would be GREAT! Planning on 1 week at end of July.

Really looking for other people's suggestions. Don't care where we go as long as it's a memorable beginning to 10 more years of married bliss.

Old Nov 28th, 1997, 10:43 AM
Kathy

Try Cabo San Lucas. For a romantic place to stay contact me.

Cabo is touristy but we love it. There is lots to do and see there. San Jose del Cabo is a great day trip, but the best is Todos Santos 45 miles up the Pacific side. Both are more typical towns. Great snorkeling and other water sports. We are just up from the safe swimming beach where everyone hangs out all day. Great restaurants, all price ranges, and dancing. You can be as active as you want to be or just relax. Great place for an anniversary or any time.

Old Dec 2nd, 1997, 03:51 PM
Ramona Pearce

Check out this cute little cottage. This is where we're going for our honeymoon in May. Secluded and private, but you'll have to eat out or cook for yourselves. One of the many pleasures we're looking forward to!

http://www.vacationparadise.com/vr/MEX/cgtulum.htm

Old Dec 6th, 1997, 10:17 AM
Kristin

I have read and heard much about La Casa Que Canta in Zihuatanejo. Conde Nast Traveler, Fodors and the Mexico Triple A books have recommended it, and I met a couple in St. Martin that said it was a great, romantic place to stay, plus it's near Ixtapa so you have both remote and touristy depending on what you're in the mood for. Anyway, I haven't stayed there, but I'd write for a brochure 'cus it sounds really neat. Happy anniversary!

Old Dec 8th, 1997, 06:55 PM
Susan

Dittos on La Casa Que Canta. It's in Small
Luxury Hotels of the World book or you can see
it in When a Man Loves a Woman. Great movie,
by the way. Try Little Palm Island at 800-3-
Get Lost. It's off Little Torch Key in the
Florida Keys. It's also in the SLH book. It
is the closest thing to Tahiti you'll find
but oh, so romantic and first class.

Old Dec 11th, 1997, 03:59 PM
Fred Hartrick

Villa del Sol in Zihuatanejo is great: small, very private, beautiful grounds, lots of flowing water. A lot of variety in rooms; a great restaurant- and Mexico does have some of the best restaurants in the world (plus all the ones in Z. itself); some rooms have private hot tubs- actually small tiled pools. It's on the best stretch of the beach in my opinion. Really a special spot. We're celebrating our tenth there a little early- January vs. actually July 10. Of all the places we've been in Mexico Zihuatanejo is our favorite beachy spot.