Search

visiting Palenque from Playa del Carmen

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
visiting Palenque from Playa del Carmen

Hi,
I was wondering if you could tell me how difficult it would be to visit Palenque from Playa del Carmen? As I have a back problem I can`t really manage very long coach journeys, so it`ll have to be either a flight to somewhere close to Palenque or doing the trip in a few stages. As we`ve paid for all inclusive at the hotel in Playa we don`t really want to spend too much time travelling to see the places we want to visit though. We`re already doing a two day trip to see Tulum, Coba, Chehin Nitza and Ek Balam from Playa.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Di
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Pausanias

I just took a quick look through my guidebook. It looks like Aerocaribe flies to Palenque from Cancun.

Old Sep 6th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Pausanias

Whoops. looks like that information is out of date. Best bet appears to be a flight to Villahermosa, followed by a two hour drive.

Old Sep 6th, 2005, 05:03 AM

Yes, upon reading your title, I couldn't help but hear the response "...is a good deal more difficult than you might think" running through my head. Especially if, as you say, you don't want to spend too much time away from your AI, this would not be the trip for you to try. This is doubly true since you can do an easy day trip to Coba from Playa, for example. Check out Alltournative or the Playa.Info tours offered to there, for example.

Steve
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies.
We`re in Mexico for 14 days in all, but the first four are in Mexico City and we`re flying back to the UK via there too. We have got some trips planned in Mexico City too, so that`ll be good but busy again.
There are pros and cons with A/I trips, but as we wanted to make sure we flew with British Airways so I had the extra leg room for the flight, we were limited to which tour operators we could use and then we chose what looked like the best hotel option for us.
I think maybe we will have to stick with what we`ve got planned and perhaps go to Palenque if we can get to Mexico again on another trip. We`re already doing a two day trip to see Tulum, Coba, Chechin Itza and Ek Balam from Playa with AGI tours.
Who knows if we win the lottery before the trip maybe we can charter that plane after all and get to Palenque too after all!
Thanks again for your help.
Di