Villas to rent in Puerto Vallarta?

Aug 23rd, 2001, 03:24 PM
Susan

Villas to rent in Puerto Vallarta?

Folks, I've done my best to search and see if this topic had been covered but to no avail. We are a large party, 13 or so, and we're looking to stay in a villa on the beach in PV. I've found some websites but was wondering if anyone here has done this and could recommend a particular house or agency which was reputable. Also, if you've had problems with a particular house or agency I'd love to hear about it. I haven't been to PV before and it's a little nerve-wracking plunking down a few thousand bucks on something sight unseen. Thanks so much!

Aug 23rd, 2001, 08:28 PM
JRinPV

13? how many bedrooms are we talking about, or does it matter?

Aug 23rd, 2001, 09:15 PM
mexicodan

Try Laura at idovallarta.com

Aug 24th, 2001, 04:26 AM
Viajero

Try Villas de Oro. We have used this agency many times and have always been very satisfied. The properties that they represent are very nice, many come with a full staff, their service is excellent and I think that you will be very happy. Their website is at: http://www.villasdeoro.com/index.htm

Aug 24th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Susan

We are a family group of adults and kids. Could probably get by on four bedrooms. idovallarta.com is for planning weddings, which we won't be doing. villasdeoro.com looks interesting. Anyone else have personal experience with renting villas in PV? What can we expect?

Aug 24th, 2001, 11:00 AM
Elena Garza

Hola Susan,
Bienvenidos! Welcome! to Puerto Vallarta

Try: www.mexpv.com
Please let me know how you are doing in your reservations and contact me if you have other questions. I live here and will be pleased to help. Gracias, Maria.

Aug 24th, 2001, 02:22 PM
JRinPV

There are a couple of ads on my Classifieds page that may work:
http://vallarta-info.com/classified.html

Aug 24th, 2001, 07:23 PM
pt

Hi,
I'd recommend
www.baysidepuertovallarta.com
A great selection, reliable owner.
Good luck!

Aug 25th, 2001, 11:21 PM
PV-Villas

Susan, can't help with your specific questions, but the website below are 'vacation rentals by owner' and there's a huge selection, especially in Mexico.

www.vrbo.com

Another way to access a large house is to use the Google Search Engine.
Then, just type in:

Puerto Vallarta vacation rentals

Aug 26th, 2001, 03:25 PM
Susan

Si, gracias, I am able to find many very nice-looking villas. What I was hoping for here was some personal stories of folks who've done this in the past and how it went. Thanks for all the great links everyone! Any personal experiences?

Aug 26th, 2001, 05:02 PM
harrison

susan

Have you heard about Casa Cosmos? It is right on a cliff overlooking the bay a couple of miles outside of downtown Puerta Vallarta. Because of where it is situated it is usually a few degrees cooler than downtown. It has a beautiful swimming pool at the edge of the cliff that overlooks the water. It also has its own private beach
It comes fully staffed with a kitchen crew, maid and gardener. The meals are great and they will cook you just about anything you like. They also make the best Margaritas. The staff is very friendly and accomodating.
There are at least four private bedrooms with a bunkhouse for any extra guests. I stayed there about five years ago with a group of seventeen and the cost came to about $50 per person per night. I would highly recommend you check this place out. I don't have the address offhand but you should be able to locate it through a rental agency or real estate company. Good luck

Sep 1st, 2001, 08:47 AM
Kathy

Susan,
We rented a villa in P.V. this past March/April. We also had never done this, and were quite nervous and confused from all of the different websites. We also had read some nightmare experiences on line. We finally found a website through one of our friends called Discovery Vallarta. It is a gay friendly website(the group was a mix of my husband and I, two gay friends and two straight friends) but I don't think that it matters whether you are straight or gay to rent the houses. They were the most beautiful houses we saw on any of the websites. Michael Mayo, the gentleman who arranges everything was great. He took care of every detail including arranging for private chartered boat excursions as well (which I highly recommend, it is the way to go). We went with the Casa de Angels, (cda-1 on the website)and it was the most incredible home we have ever been in. It was better than the pictures) Everything was perfect including the staff, and all agreed it was the best vacation of our lifes. I would definitely only rent villas versus staying in a hotel from now on, it is so much nicer, private and I believe it is a better value. Please feel free to e mail me, and I can answer any questions or e mail pictures. I don't believe the casa de angels will be big enough for you, it only has three bedrooms, I think that it sleeps eight. I think that you should e mail Michael Mayo, he was extremely helpful when planning our trip, and we found him to be a great asset. We are in the process now of planning a trip in February to Cozumel, I only wish Michael handled that area as well. Hope this helps.

Sep 1st, 2001, 09:23 AM
mexicodan

Try www.las-palmas-travel.com. They manage all the big villas in Bucerias, the next village north of PV approx. 10 miles (on the Bay of Banderas)!

Sep 9th, 2001, 03:47 PM
Susan

Kathy and Harrison, thank you! These personal recommendations are what I'm after. It seems there are alot of travel agencies, etc. also posting on this board. So I appreciate your posts. Kathy, the villas on Discovery Vallarta are gorgeous and I will email Michael Mayo, though right now it seems he is on vacation himself. Harrison, I cannot find info on Casa Cosmos on the internet. Any other info you can give me to point me there? And if anyone else has a personal recommendation I'd appreciate it. We'd really like a pool and to be on the beach -- easiest with the little kids. Gracias!

Sep 12th, 2001, 10:30 AM
Michelle

Susan:

I "second" the recommendation for Casa Cosmos. Stayed there with a group of friends this past June. The rooms and setting are GREAT!!! The food is outstanding! The staff is warm and friendly - and make you feel like a "Mexican" family. The group I traveled with stay there every year. I couldn't understand why they went back to the same place when there's so much Mexico to explore - but, after my visit, I now see Casa Cosmos through their eyes. You can check out the website at www.Casacosmos.com.