Reload this Page >

Villa Rolandi on Isla Mujeres

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 12:24 PM
Melanie

Hi. I am planning on staying at the Villa Rolandi Beach Club on Isla Mujeres and would appreciate feedback from anyone who has already stayed there. Is it as good as it sounds? Is it worth the cost? Thanks.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 06:06 PM
Teddie

Spent a week at Rolandis this past November. <BR><BR>Is it as good as it sounds?--Better!<BR>Is it worth the cost? Absolutely-- <BR><BR>November is low season rate--$220/nite with breakfast & lunch or dinner was a great value--a gorgeous hotel, great service and very excellent food. E mail me should you like more info...<BR><BR>

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 03:16 AM
Melanie

Thanks Teddie for your feedback. The hotel looks and sounds wonderful and we are looking forward to our vacation. I would like to ask you if there is anything to do at night on Isla Mujeres, since we are travelling with our teen-age daughter who wanted to go to Playa del Carmen instead of Isla Mujeres. Thank you again.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 04:30 AM
Susan

Melanie, you might want to check out www.isla-mujeres.net - it's a website with loads of info on Isla Mujeres.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 11:29 AM
Shell

Melanie, have you checked with the hotel about their no-children policy? I was under the impression that no one under 18 may stay there.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 02:18 PM
Teddie

I believe children over the age of 13 can stay at Rolandis--but adults, be aware that families may visit Rolandis for the day & spend time at the beach or pool--as long as they order drinks and/or food it seems people may visit. There were families with children visiting twice during our stay.<BR><BR>Isla tends to shut down early at night. After dinner, you can walk the town, or visit some of the beach bars that may have live music. I agree with Susan to check out Isla-Mujeres.net to get up to the minute info on Isla. Register for their message board, which is friendly, relatively flame-free, with people eager to provide info. I planned much of my very wonderful trip to Isla with the help of the boards on that site...<BR><BR>Since my husband and I did not visit Isla with our 14 year old son , we honestly did not scope out the evening activities for teens...but, we got up early each day, did lots, and were ready to crash on the early side every night...