Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   villa del palmar in Cabo - good? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/villa-del-palmar-in-cabo-good-112942/)

judi Mar 17th, 2001 03:23 PM

villa del palmar in Cabo - good?

According to my travel agent it's a great hotel/timeshare. I have never been there but am going in 4 days. Any info? Many thanks

Tamara Stark Mar 17th, 2001 06:36 PM

My friends have a place there, as it happens they just got back. <BR>Good News! <BR>The Cockroach (cucaracha in the local parlance)infestation is said to be under control-the Mexicans still use DDT so it didn't take long to put the screws to the little buggers. <BR>Well if you've ever been to Mexico you'll know some of them aren't so little(!) <BR>The larger problem of 'short-stay' couples is still to be worked out. <BR>The Pimps-I forget the Mexican word for them-actually own the units in question so it'll take a while for them to be be disenfranchised by the Strata Title Council or whatever it's called down there. <BR>Mexican courts are slow and as long as the Pimp can pay for countless appeals he's in business. <BR>It's not as if it's big deal unless they're passing your unit at 4am, the customers are of course all from the USA-maybe someone you know! <BR>Usually the noise lessens about 2am so there's nothing to worry about really. <BR>AFAIK there is no truth to the rumor of Crack Cocaine being sold on the premises, some of the staff are users that's obvious but help is hard to find and what they do in private is their business don't you think? <BR>Have a great holiday-you're gonna love CSL!!!!

courtney Mar 24th, 2001 12:27 PM

im going to villa del palmar in april-please email me or post your opinion when you return.thanks!

Judi Mar 27th, 2001 06:04 AM

Villa del Palmar was very nice, and the weather too. We had an efficiency overlookin the pools and the ocean- beautiful view. They want to give you free breakfasts etc to give you talks about timeshares, pretty aggressive. We had very little time there so we didn't do it. The hotel is nice and clean and you can ask for hairdriers and robes. There is a full kitchen and balcony with table and chairs. Also a little store to buy bread, coffee etc to put in fridge. <BR>Have fun

anon Dec 14th, 2001 06:26 PM

Curious did they get the little critters out of there for good?

xxxx May 8th, 2002 05:57 PM

What happened to those little critters??

Dario May 27th, 2002 10:29 AM

I am going to Cabo in early July. Please tell me more about this hotel. Is it in a good location? Near nice beaches? Near transportation? Do tours leave from there? Good food? Do the timeshare people hassle you when you are at the pool? How are the rooms? Fitness center? Is the water safe? Feel free to email me. Any help is GREATLY Appreciated!!

CaptMike Jul 16th, 2004 04:43 PM

Hope that cockroach investation is taken care, far easier to clean up on the roaches than the pimps.