Villa Del Mar in Puerto Vallarta

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 08:47 PM
me

Villa Del Mar in Puerto Vallarta

Anyone have any comments on Villa Del Mar in Puerto VAllarta? Rooms good? food great?

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 05:26 PM
frank

VDM on Maderro is a great Mexican hotel.Its in the old section. Very well run,secur, and clean. The best rooms are on the top floor and are actually suites. This time of year the rates should be about $20.a nite. Once again remember this is a Mex. owned hotel so don't expect all the frills one associates with an Americanized hotel. Oh by the way no rest. at hotel but there's lots of them closeby. Happy travels.

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 06:50 PM
tricia

There is also a Villa Del Mar affiliated with the Villa del Palmar. I think it is the timeshare part but, could be wrong.
The one mentioned above on Fco. Madero is nice but as he said, very Mexican. The other is a very nice hotel with all the amenities.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 05:41 PM
teague

My guess that the second response is correct. It is beside Villa del Palmar and they share some of the same facilities. It is rated RID by RCI. Good location for shopping and groceries. Have stayed at Villa del Palmar and it was nice.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Lori

Great resort. It is the only place I stay at when in PV. The only thing I mention to people when refering this resort is that the Villa Del Mar does not have elevators, where as the sister resort Villa Del Palmar does. So you may want to take this into consideration. The rooms have been remodeled within the last 2 years. The food is ok, but nothing to brag about.
If you want more info send me an email.