Vallarta Adventures

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 01:42 PM
Katie

Vallarta Adventures

Has anyone used Vallarta Adventures to plan activities while in Puerto Vallarta? Their web site looks great (www.vallarta-adventures.com) - but I would love to hear from someone who has actually been a customer. Thanks!

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 06:33 PM
Dennis

Vallarta Advenures is a good company and has some very good tours. I wet on the Jungle Tour with them and even thought it really wasn't the Jungle that I Thought it would be - It was well run, on time and well conducted- Dennis

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 08:06 AM
JR in PV

Hi Katie, I live here in PV and Vallarta Adventures is the largest tour operator here. This is why I never suggest them to my friends. Their tours have very large groups, which is OK if all you want to do is party. The idea of seeing the jungle using an infernal combustion engine is,
IMHO, ridiculous. The also have a 'swim with the dolphins' operation with Captive dolphins which I'm totally against.
If you would like the names of some smaller, more ecologically minded tours, let me know.

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 05:02 PM
Cheryl Z.

Katie - having been to PV at least 20+ times in the last l6 years or so, I can safely say it is not necessary to do "tours" to see and enjoy all that there is down there. But if you do wish to take a tour, then do as JR says and go with a much smaller one.

Old Mar 1st, 2000, 11:05 AM
judy

to: JR in PV. Husband & I going to PV 1st wk in apr. Don't like large group tours. Can you name small tour co? Also, what's chance of hiring cab for day to do tours--? Thanks

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 07:09 AM
Jr in PV

Judy, Pick an excursion at < http://vallarta-info.com/puertovallarta5.html> and let me kn

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 10:53 AM
Margot

Hi Katie,
We just returned from PV last week and did two Vallarta Adventures tours to Las Caletas, a gorgeous area south of PV. Both tours were well worth the money, and very unique. The day tour was a very large tour, but there were opportunities for snorkeling and kayaking so you weren't with the group all day. The Rythms of the Night tour was much smaller and very beautiful, both on land and on the boat at night- great view of PV lit up, and Caletas was illuminated by torchlight which is unbelievably beautiful. The food on both tours was excellent and I would highly recommend both. We also did a private tour on a fishing boat which was great as well. E-mail me if you would like further info - we saw lots in our two weeks there.
Margot