vacation in huatulco

Jan 6th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

vacation in huatulco

anyone visited this area recently? thinking about going in feb/march and staying at either camino real or quinta real. anyone stay there? general thoughts about this location? have stayed in Ixtapa and Zihua and liked those areas. any similarities? thx.
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:50 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. Hopefully, you'll get some replies!
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:21 PM

Everyone tries to help me, so I will try to help you!

The Quinta Real is very small and beautiful. It is up on a hill overlooking the sea. When we were in Huatulco a few years ago, we had dinner there on Valentine's day ..and it was special. We took a peak at the rooms and they were lovely.

Is the camino real the Zashila? If so, it is larger than the Quinta, built on a hill with a private beach (too small to walk). We had dinner there, too, and it was lovely. We checked out the rooms and they were not as pretty as the Quinta, but some had a private pool.

We stayed at the Sheraton (now Barcello), on the same beach as the Quinta. The beach is very nice although the water can be rough. The area outside the hotels was rather depressing, but you could take a cab to one of two nearby towns for dinner in the evening. Some of the restaurants across from the hotels were fine, but there really was nowhere to walk after dinner.

If you have any further questions, I will be happy to answer.
Jan 6th, 2005, 07:42 PM

I stayed at the Camino Real last February. Great beach, beautiful pool, wonderful staff. Had dinner at the Quinta Real, twice - really good, great view. (The food at the Camino Real was good also) Next time I visit Huatulco or my way to either Puerto Escondido or Angel, I'll stay at the Quinta Real - it's more intimate, the rooms are better furnished and designed, less people.
Aug 6th, 2007, 02:10 PM

We have been to Hualtuco twice and stayed at the Camino Real Zashilla both times and loved it. The grounds are beautiful and the beach is smaller but very private. We almost always took a cab in into the town of Hualtuco or to the marina are for dinner. Enjoy
Mar 18th, 2009, 06:02 AM

Have heard the Zaashila is run-down, but you thought it was good? Looks nice. How is their beach? Las Brisas appears to have a lovely beach and also wonder about staying at one of the B&Bs that are near private coves. ????