Ushuaia and Iguaza

Oct 25th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Ushuaia and Iguaza

I am taking a cruise from Valparaiso to Ushuaia arriving Ushuaia December 28 at 8am. We are flying out around 8pm for BA and on to Iguaza. Any suggestions for one day in Ushuaia? We will have seen glaciers on the cruise, but I do not know if we will get to see any penguins. Any suggestions for a day boat trip to see penguins??
Also, we will have 2 1/2 days in Iguaza and plan to do the falls from both sides. I've read a lot about the boat tours and know it is a must-do. Can anyone tell me about helicopter tours?
Also, we will be in Iguaza for New Years Eve. Any suggestions? Six of us ages 26-33 (plus parents we assume will go home early!)
Thanks for your help!
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:32 PM

One day is short time for a city like ushuaia. you can visit an estancia which is not far , stay in the city for a city tour (1:30 hs)and of course the train of the end of the world (1:30 hs), visit the famous prison, go to Punto Panoramico from where you can see the city from a high spot. Visit the Glaciar Martial. If you want to go to the islands of the sea lions you need to take an excursion. There are many and good excursions for the day there.

People i ve been corresponding with are also coming on dec 28 from ushuaia after a cruise from Valparaiso. small world.!!!
i was in iguazu last month. the boat tours are fantastic. cant say any thing about helicopters. i have heard a lot about people riding on helicopters. i am the type who goes home early.
regards.
Oct 26th, 2004, 09:19 AM

With one day in Ushuaia just enjoy walking around, see the time capsule, and take lots of pictures. People are lovely, and you are at "el fin del mundo"

Search this Thread