Turtle Inn or Inn at Robert's Grove

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking to go to Placencia in April and are torn between Turtle Inn & Inn at Robert's Grove. Turtle Inn looks amazing and Inn at Robert's Grove has great packages.

We're looking for amazing beaches, beautiful views, nice rooms, and good food. We would like to sample food at different restaurants.

Which would you choose?
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 04:51 PM

Having never stayed at either I should keep my mouth shut, but since you asked for an opinion....

I'd stay at Turtle Inn. We've walked around there and the beach front units are stunning. If I was going to spend some bucks on a place to stay, this would be it. We tend to stay at cheaper places and travel more often.

The other reason I'd vote for Turtle Inn is its proximity to the village of Placencia. It's an easy walk during the day and a short cab ride at night. Actually, when we were in Placencia in 2003, Turtle Inn would drop off and pick up its guests if they wished to dine off-site in Placencia village.

I've read good things about Robert's Grove too, I just like being close to town. And like I said the units are beautiful.
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your response! The only thing that concerns me about Turtle Inn is that it seems as though the price of their excursions (snorkeling, river tour, etc.) are about twice the cost of the same activities at Robert's Grove. Does anyone have insight into this?
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 07:02 AM

Check whether the prices are in Belizean $s or US $s. Prices in Belize $s are twice the US $ price (that's the exchange rate).

We stayed at Turtle Inn in April and really enjoyed it. You can search my screenname for a trip report.
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 12:32 PM

You don't have to take excursions only through your hotel. You can book with anybody.

--Lan Sluder
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 09:35 AM

I just returned from Placencia and stayed at both, I liked them both but would definitly choose the turtle inn over roberts grove
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 04:26 AM

We stayed at the Inn at Roberts Grove last February and loved it. Turtle Inn definitely looks fancier from the road and it is closer to Placencia but you can get free bikes from Roberts Grove and bike to town. Although we loved Belize if you are looking for amazing beaches you might want the virgin Islands.