Notices

Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens

Jun 22nd, 2017, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens

Hi all:

Taking my kids to Mexico at the end of July. Two boys, 13 and 10. Was thinking about a few days in Playacar, then a few days in Tulum. I have been to PDC (2002) an Xpu Ha (2005) but never Tulum.

Would love to find a palapa style hotel on the beach, and would love suggestions for something kid friendly, where we would not be ruining anyone's vibe in a sea of 20-somethings, or people trying to avoid kids. Kids have been briefed that there will be no TV or wifi, they camp often with their dad. We like snorkeling, beaching, bike rides and

Thanks in advance. Would like to not share a bathroom, and looking to keep the nightly rate at or under $250.
Jun 23rd, 2017, 11:29 AM

I'm not seeing much on a few booking sites, either they don't sleep 4 or are over your price range. I did see Zulum which has 2 queen beds, and El Paraiso which has 2 double beds. Tulum has gotten REALLY expensive the last few years, maybe look into either staying in the pueblo for less money, or possibly a condo in Akumal which has better snorkeling anyway.
Jun 28th, 2017, 04:06 PM

I agree with the above, definitely a condo in Akumal with great beaches and snorkeling. Tulum is very pricey now and really getting more exclusive. I'm not sure it would be a great place to take teens honestly. I don't think I would take mine.
Jun 29th, 2017, 03:24 AM

If you like biking, stay in Tulum pueblo (still has an "authentic" Maya vibe) and bike to the beach. There are local festivals that most tourists don't find, and food carts set up at night with mostly locals sitting around enjoying, plus your are within a short walk of the ice cream store, bakery, and colorful shops, and more reasonably priced restaurants than on the beach.

Search this Thread