Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Tulemar Bung. or Buena Vista Villa-CR? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/tulemar-bung-or-buena-vista-villa-cr-716365/)

nrpsydoc Jun 27th, 2007 02:23 AM

Tulemar Bung. or Buena Vista Villa-CR?

Ok, we've narrowed down our search to these two places. Which is more beautiful and better all around- bunagalow at Tulemar or one bedroom villa at Buena Vista? Thanks!!!

roadadvisor Jun 27th, 2007 07:03 AM

One bedroom Villa at Buena Vista...you can never be wrong!!

R.A Luis

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

owlwoman Jun 27th, 2007 07:39 AM

I second the one bedroom villa at Buena Vista, we had a deck overlooking the ocean, the monkeys were all around us, it was wonderful!

nrpsydoc Jun 27th, 2007 02:48 PM

are the villas at buena vista attached to other villas or free-standing? for instance when you are standing on the balcony are there people right next to you from the adjacent villa?

roadadvisor Jun 27th, 2007 07:58 PM

Every Villa has it own space...even that you may see somebody at another Villa..they are not located just next to each other!

Hopefully I made some snese!!

R.A Luis

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

owlwoman Jun 28th, 2007 05:54 AM

In our case, there was another villa below us, but nothing next to us, so we had complete privacy.

airwayvz Jun 28th, 2007 06:36 AM

They are on the same property and we have stayed at both. If you go with a one bedroom villa at BVV there is a chance that someone will be staying upstairs or downstairs from you, as all Villas are two levels. If you get a bungalow at Tulemar you will have the place all to yourself.

The views from either will be great. The villas at BVV are slightly nicer on the inside...but that really depends on if you go w/ the upstairs one bedroom, or downstairs (for views and space I'd recommend upstairs).

With Tulemar, you will get a free breakfast buffet every morning, and w/ BVV you will get fruits and breads delivered to your room every morning instead. I believe BVV also has a BBQ a couple times a week by their pool...but can't be sure if they still do this.

We stayed in the villas for our honeymoon, and a Tulemar bungalow on our second trip. Both were wonderful. If we wnet back for a third trip, I would personally choose the bungalow...but that maybe be more because I like the staff at Tulemar, they have been very helpful each time we were there, and because the bungalow is a few dollars cheaper and we don't have to worry about people above or below us.

You'll love either place, and the secluded beach is great! Make sure to do some ocean kayaking.

nrpsydoc Jun 28th, 2007 08:16 AM

from what i am hearing from BV, all the one-bedroom villas are on the top floor with no one on the sides. people in a standard room may be on the first floor. is this consistent with what you know from being there?

airwayvz Jun 28th, 2007 09:33 AM

Sounds right...they may be calling the lower level of the villas a "deluxe room" or something like that, just be aware that there will probably be someone staying underneath you.

There's no one on the sides at either BVV or Tulemar as each Villa / bungalow is an individual building.

nrpsydoc Jun 28th, 2007 10:53 AM

Thank you everyone! This was very helpful.