Search

Trip with girlfriends

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip with girlfriends

I'm planning a trip with 6 of my girlfriends. We would like a mix of adventure and R&R. Any suggestion for a week itineray with only 2 locations.

Old Aug 6th, 2008, 05:42 PM

Go to Panama. Fly into Panama City and spend a few nights at the Bristol. Then fly up to Bocas Del Toros or Boquete...all the adventure you can handle!

Have a great time in beautiful Panama.
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM

You could do a split between Manuel Antonio and Arenal in Costa Rica - it would give you volcano time, beach time, wildlife like monkeys and sloths, horseback riding, river tours, natural hot springs, ziplines, and a good variety of restaurants.
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 06:23 PM

Buenos Aires and Bariloche. City and nature, and they both rock!
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 02:24 AM

Sound like a lot of fun. I have just done a few girl trips over the past two years. I have visited Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Honduras and have a trips planned to go to Honduras in Feb. and back to Honduras in April. I think that any of these places would make for great trips. It depends on what you group really likes to do and what your interests are.. also what your friends comfort zones are. Both Panama and Costa Rica are very easy to get around. I visited the places that cmcfong and volcanogirl mentions and you can't go wrong with any of those locations.
Where are you traveling from and are you on a budget? Do you enjoy a nice beach?
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 05:55 AM

Yes, I agree with the Panama suggestion.
But if you are looking for relaxation, I would stay at the Intercontinental Play Bonita, it is a lovely resort and you can lay on the beach or by the pool.
The staff are polite and friendly and there is also a small spa and fitness centre.
The Bristol is also a lovely hotel, where you have a private butler and a wonderful five star restaurant.
On the day I was leaving, my wake up call consisted of a very handsome butler delivering herbal tea to the room while I was preparing to get ready for the airport!! How charming!!
I've never been to Bocas del Toros or Boquette, but will definitely go there on my next visit to Panama.

Have fun if you decide to go, you won't regret it!!
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 09:56 AM

Buenos Aires is THE let-you-hair-down city. You wont run out of things to do and you can take a weekend in Tigre (a suburb of tiny islands and canals) or in the province at an estancia riding horses.
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, great ideas. No decisions have been made yet but I'm leaning towards Central or South American or Puerto Rico. Any other ideas welcome.