Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Trip to Mexico in November 2000-destination suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 1999, 11:22 AM
ann

I'm looking for a place a group of college friends can celebrate their 30th birthdays. Any suggestions for Mexico in November? Is the weather pleasant? Would like to enjoy beach, shopping and nightlife. Appreciate any advice.

Old Feb 18th, 2000, 01:37 PM
Jesse

Ann, <BR> <BR>I have been to most of the resorts in Mexico and I can tell you that Puerto Vallarta blows the rest of them away. It is a modern resort with an authentic mexican feel. The food is great, the accomodations are great, and the atmosphere there is great. If I had to pick a place to go, PV would be it.

Old Feb 18th, 2000, 04:57 PM
dan motl

we dont like the west coast water. prefer the carribean waters around cancun. your group might enjoy Isla Mujeres which is a small island just off cancun. its great if you are on a budget. also very quiet so you will have plenty of time to visit. my wife and i have a homemade brouchere we would be happy to forward if you want. <BR>

Old Feb 18th, 2000, 08:23 PM
Janet

I too vote for Isla Mujeres the little island off the coast of Cancun. It is totally, authentic Mexican, great resonable hotels and food. I recomend the Francis Arlene Hotel. The Norte Beach is absolutely wonderful, can snorkel from there. Weather is great in November after the 10th. You will be addicted to it. Enjoy.

Old Feb 18th, 2000, 08:56 PM
Dennis

<BR>Puerto Vallarta without a doubt. Fun, neat folks, great restaurants, good shops, great tours, and less expensive than a lot of places that I've been to in Mexico - You can't go wrong. Dennis