Notices

Trip to Costa Rica in December

Dec 9th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Trip to Costa Rica in December

I am finally leaving in 10 days for Costa Rica. We are renting a car and driving. My final plans are 2 days Saripiqui, 3 days la fortuna(1 day going to Cano Negro), 2 days Monteverde and back to Ajuela for the last 2 nights(leaving in the morning). Thanks for all the advice from everyone on this forum. Any last minute advice on restaurants or activities.
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:23 AM

Nancy, are you already back? I just saw your post. Selva Verde in Sarapiqui has a great casual open air pizza restaurant called La Terrazza. It's right on the river. In La Fortuna, we like Don Rufino, La Choza de Laurel, and if you want cheap local food Soda la Parada is good. We've also enjoyed steaks at El Novillo, but I think they've changed owners/management since we were there last. Both Nayara and the Springs Resort and Spa have good upscale restaurants. Pizzeria de Johnny in Monteverde has good salads, pizzas, and things like that - it's a neat atmosphere, a little fancier than what you'd expect from a pizza joint. When you're back in SJO, the restaurant at the hotel Grano de Oro is excellent. It's kind of posh compared to other CR restaurants.

Search this Thread