Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Trip to cancun in August (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/trip-to-cancun-in-august-850075/)

janie01 Jul 17th, 2010 09:53 AM

Trip to cancun in August

Need recommendations for place to stay in cancun with teenage son..want lots of activities, great rooms, great beach..FUN! Any help appreciated...there arre so many places!

sicilyan Jul 17th, 2010 04:20 PM

check out these 2 resorts...I guarantee that he will have a blast!!!!

Desire Resort & Spa Riviera Maya

Hidden Beach Resort Au Naturel Club

schmerl Jul 17th, 2010 05:24 PM

IGNORE sicilyan. I don't know why peoople like that feel the need to post!!
Those resorts are for swingers.
Do you want to be right in Cancun itself or the Riviera Maya which is south of Cancun ? Do you want an all inclusive resort?

jojoblais Jul 18th, 2010 09:00 AM

stay away from Temptations, also
It's not necessarily a swingers resort, but most of the women go topless & it's geared to those who want to 'mingle' alot, if you get my drift
Also, it's on the bay side not the ocean, so the beach while pretty wasn't that enticing to swim in, which was very disappointing. Something we never thought to ask about.

emd3 Jul 18th, 2010 01:41 PM

How old is your teenage son? 13 is a lot different than 17...

sicilyan Jul 25th, 2010 10:57 AM

So what happened to the original poster?...maybe she went to a nudist beach by herself...this is a funny situation now because she is no longer posting anymore...

suze Jul 25th, 2010 01:44 PM

She's still registered. Maybe she just didn't appreciate the smart *ss reply.

My question to this poster if she's still reading is about the choice of Cancun in August. Almost any coastal resort in Mexico is incredibly hot, humid, and the rainy season in August.

sicilyan Jul 25th, 2010 03:35 PM

,,..Cancun in August. Almost any coastal resort in Mexico is incredibly hot, humid, and the rainy season in August.."

The hurricane season is running from June 1 through Nov. 30.
Don't you know that?...smart *ss

suze Jul 25th, 2010 03:40 PM

Of course I know that. Just because there may also be possiblity for a hurricane (not always likely) doesn't mean it is not hot, humid, and rainy (always happens like I said).

Sheez this brand-new poster just asked for a recommendation of a fun hotel for her and her teenage son. And you're posting about nudist resorts and bothering with me about the weather report.

No wonder she's not coming back! I wouldn't either.

sicilyan Jul 25th, 2010 04:20 PM

whatever...bye---bye

jojoblais Jul 28th, 2010 10:40 AM

Yes, be aware that Cancun is brutally hot in August. And the A/C is not great. I thought that it was just Temptations, but recently spoke to several other people who stayed at expensive resorts & they said the same thing. The lobby & restaurants were tepid at best. The disco got so hot, that almost nobody was in there dancing.