Search

Playa Del Carmen weather

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playa Del Carmen weather

I know I know, everyone hates this question, but I've never been to Mexico...so here goes. We are going to Playa Del Carmen Monday thru Friday of next week. (First week of May). The forecast on weather.com and accuweather.com doesn't look so hot Tuesday thru Friday. Rain Rain Rain. does the weather change quickly in Mexico or should I expect to be sitting indoors?
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The weather forecast just about always says rain for that area. They are usually just fast passing showers. Just go and have a great time.....no worries.
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 12:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My best advice is quit looking at the forecasts! Seriously they are never accurate for Mexico.

It would be extremely rare for it to rain 24/7 in May. A more likely pattern is occasional showers or a storm blows thru overnight or something like that. And yes the weather changes quickly. Not to mention it's warm/hot... so even if you get some rain, there's no need to be "sitting indoors". You just get wet, then you get dry
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 04:14 PM

There are a few web cams in Playa where you can see the weather for yourself. Here is one:
http://www.webcamsdemexico.com/webca...el-carmen.html

It does seem to be stuck on yesterday but it will fix itself.

Here's another:
http://www.nasplaya.com/playa_del_carmen_web_cam.html
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 07:45 AM

The typical weather pattern for this part of Mexico is sunny till about 2:00, then clouds, possibly a shower by 4:00, and then it clears up again. On rare occasions, it might be overcast and showery most of the day. It's the tropics. One thing for sure - it will be hot!
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 01:32 PM

We^re here right now and have been since 4.24, basically had the same forecast before we left but have had great weather the entire time. A thought....when it says 30% chance for showers that also means 70% chance of no showers. Like stated above, this is not the rainy season and if you get rain it is likely to only be a shower. Relax and enjoy your visit.