Search

hotels in rio??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 08:26 PM
stephanie

hotels in rio??

I'm going to Rio in March and am looking for any hotel suggestions. I'd like a nice hotel, preferably with a pool and breakfast, but not super-expensive. Can anyone pass along any recommendations?

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 05:54 AM
Leila

A great site that helped my friend find the perfect hotel for her visit to Rio was www.ipanema.com. It has hotel reviews with photos and pics among alot of other info like restaurants, beaches, nightlife, etc.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 09:09 AM
stephanie

I'm using ipanema.com, but am not finding good, detailed information on all the hotels, especially pictures! So I was hoping to hear anyone's firsthand experience. Thanks.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Fred Loudder

Stephanie, <BR>Try www.123-rio.com a wealth of information....in English.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 09:45 AM
Floyd

Do a search here for Forum;Latin America....Topic; Brazil..... Return #14..."Rio de Janeiro Hints" will put you in touch with a "Local" that takes e-mail questions <BR> [email protected] <BR>

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 04:55 AM
Erin

Hi Stephanie, <BR>what do you consider to be "super-expensive"? What is the highest amount you would want to spend per night? Keep in mind that the inexpensive hotels usually do not have pools. Also, if you are looking for a pool you can actually swim in (versus a "dip pool") that narrows the number down even more! If the hotel description reads rooftop pool, most likely that is a small dip pool of no more than 3-4 feet deep. <BR> <BR>I've stayed at the Inter-Continental, Marina Palace and the Country Residence hotels. All three hotels have pools (Marina has a rooftop dip pool), and buffet breakfast but cost around $150 USD per person. Good Luck. <BR>

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 10:21 AM
Roberto

Hi, Stephanie. <BR> <BR>My name is Roberto Bezerra, I am 44 years old. I live in Rio de Janeiro in a good house, with my wife and children. I have a free room that would like to rent for people that want to know Rio de Janeiro. The advantage of being at a family house is the friendship that you will do with us and the easiness to obtain all the necessary information on the city. <BR>The cost is much cheaper than a hotel. And you will feel much safer being living together with a Brazilian family. <BR>In case this proposal interests it, please, enter in contact with me and we will talk more. <BR>Excuse me for the language mistakes. I am still learning English.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 12:08 PM
dan

Roberto, I may be interested in taking you up on your offer if Stephanie doesn't. I will also be in Rio in March. My friend and I were planning to play-it-by-ear as far as where to stay, look for hostels or something when we get there. Your offer sounds ideal. We're planning to stay in Rio probably less than a week then continue on down to Florianopolis and Buenos Aires.