Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Trip locale for family with 7 month old baby?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 08:39 AM
Julie

My husband and I would like to travel somewhere warm and stay at a nice all-inclusive family resort in Mexico with our 7 month old in January 2002 (baby will be 7 months in January). Any suggestions on which city in Mexico and/or which resort? If Mexico is not a good place to visit - let us know that, too. Before the baby, we have been to: a resort in Jamaica and a cruise to St. Thomas, St. Martin, Barbados, Antigua, Martinique, and Puerto Rico. Thanks!

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 04:57 PM
kathy

there are many very nice allinclusive resorts in the riviera maya area, south of cancun. Many of the resorts there are in Playacar , a gated community. Many cater to children. Check out the Iberostar or the Gala, or farther south the Barcelo Maya

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 05:33 AM
Missy

Julie, <BR>Go back to the Caribbean...

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 06:40 AM
anonymous

Uh!, Missy, better check your map. The Mayan Rivieria is Caribbean! <BR>And to Julie, Altho I can understand your desire to vacation with the baby, I would be hesitant to take a newborn, and yes, the baby is still relatively new! Not only the changes in water, daily routine can upset the baby but there are sometimes things that go bump in the nite that can and will disrupt the baby. Just the flight and the chance of increased bug bites alone to say nothing of the water and climate can cause some serious changes to the baby's homostatis. Do yourselves a favor and maybe there is someone home who can mind him/her and you go, enjoy. Explore, relax and don't subject the baby to the risks that some travel might present!

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 05:34 AM
Missy

Excuzzzzzzzzze me anonymous...I meant go back to the "REAL" caribbean: St.Thomas, St. Martin, Barbados, Antigua, Martinique, & Puerto Rico, as Julie mentioned. AND the baby won't be a "newborn" when they go in January! BUT, I wouldn't take a 7 month old out of state much less out of the country!