Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Trevor's CR Trip Report Pt. 2 (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/trevors-cr-trip-report-pt-2-a-468723/)

trevorjoyce Aug 20th, 2004 06:35 PM

Trevor's CR Trip Report Pt. 2

August 8th
I enjoyed my stay in Samara, but the fun there came to an end. The next day (the day we're leaving) Oscar was getting gas on his way to get us and the people who work at the station put gas in his car instead of diesel. This delayed him, and we felt very bad for the guy. So now we were headed for Neta. My mom was so excited because she had talked a lot to another "internet friend". I tell ya, when I said above the many printouts, we're talking like 400+ pages and 2 ink cartridges! Anyways, we arrived at Neta's, and she was also very excited to meet my mom, its like they had known each other all along. She was also a very friendly and welcoming person. We got settled in our rooms, which were also verry nice like Samara. Then got ready for some dinner. The dinners were very good there, although in my opinion, some things were gourmet for teens, but there?s plenty, and plenty of food that you don?t have to worry about that. So Neta pulled up a chair and we got acquainted with her. My mom and her talked about the fodors forums, the gossip, and all the different trips. They have quite a DVD collection too. My dad and I took Good Fellas. Here is some advice that will help everyone in life: when you start a movie, start it on the right side. We started it on side 2, and then watched side 1. haha.....really ticked me off at the time.

Now...I was going to stop for part 1 here, but my mom told me to keep going because somebody was asking about Turu Ba Ri. So here is what I?m going to do. I?ll give all the great details about it and put up the 2nd part on Sunday around noon EST.

August 9th (TURU BA RI)
Woke up quite early, and took a taxi to the park. I think we were the first guests there. All 3 of us signed up for the long canopy tour with repelling, and my mom and I signed up for the newest cable in the park, and 2nd largest in the world. You go on it like your superman, lying down. It is like an apron you put on, then they hook you from your back. The cable is 1 KILOMETER long! So I was pretty psyched. We did the regular canopy, my mom was scared silly. She had to do some with the guide, which I don?t blame her for. Since she signed up for the longer canopy, she did not want to continue, so she took the cable back to the valley, and my dad and I continued even higher and faster. My mom toured a "beautiful butterfly garden" while we continued on. Then came the repelling. About 60 foot drop and my dad did it pretty much all wrong. The instructor yelled at him a lot on his descent. After all the fun was over, the boring part hit. Touring the gardens! woo hoo. We were touring with this annoying guy who was trying to speak Spanish, but he was horrible at it. He would try to be smart and ask the guy in Spanish, but it was so bad, the guy wouldn?t understand his Spanish. Even when the guide did understand his Spanish, he answered in English. Here is an example: we asked the guide a question in English and he answered it. Then Mr.Know-it-all asked him the same question in Spanish so he answered it again. ARGGGG. So we had a real good lunch there, toured some more gardens, then I went to do this 1km canopy by myself, since my mom whimped out. When I got to the spot where they push you out of, I was nervous, but once you get going 55mph it?s a lot of fun! I liked it a lot, but I don?t know what kind of person to recommend it to. If you like roller coasters probably, even though I hate them. Try it, it?s worth it. Turu Ba Ri was a LOT of fun and I would do it again!

shillmac Aug 20th, 2004 07:33 PM

Great stories! Joyce, this child of yours had me in stitches! Can't wait to hear more :)

trevorjoyce Aug 21st, 2004 05:46 AM

Thanks! The trip really included something for all of us, so Trevor was a happy camper, so to speak...for me, the people made it different than many other vacations...and it was fun to meet Oscar, Neta and Roberto after e-mailing them. Trevor and my husband had made fun of my obsession on the computer prior to going, but when these people greeted us with open-arms, wine, treats etc., they were happy about my hrs planning!

Molly2 Aug 21st, 2004 07:06 AM

Treveor, you really have a talent for writing. Your report was much fun to read, and very descriptive - thanks so much for posting!

JoBurritt Aug 22nd, 2004 10:47 AM

Don't you just hate people like that guy on the garden tour?

That Superman-type cable ride sounds awesome! I'd love to do that.

I'm having so much fun reading your report, Trevor. Thanks for taking all the time to write it.

shillmac Aug 22nd, 2004 11:13 AM

Trevor, I was especially interested in hearing about the new "super" cable at Tu-ru-bari. Neta and Arbel were telling us about it this summer, and Arbel was planning to try it out soon. Don't be too hard on the poor guy trying to ask questions in Spanish! If one is trying to learn, one has to keep speaking every chance one gets about all sorts of topics no matter how silly one sounds! Boy, that was a lot of "ones" wasn't it? :)

You have put so much detail into your report, and that makes it very interesting. It is fun to hear all about the trip from a teenager's perspective! Boy, you really burst my bubble when you didn't like Tabacon! Our kids thought it was the greatest, but they are early 20's. . perhaps that makes it a little different. I don't know. Anyway, keep the stories coming! I think everyone on Fodor's is enjoying them!