COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Traveler's Diarrhea in Belize

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 03:31 PM
debbie

Traveler's Diarrhea in Belize

I will be traveling to Placenzia, Belize, staying at Kitty's Place in April. Any advice on the safety of the drinking water, fruits, vegetables, etc? Is it worthwhile to bring antibiotics for treatment of diarrhea?

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 06:02 AM
Katie Valk

Our water here is fine and there's a plentiful suplly of bottled water everywhere. You'll love Kittys, it is very personable.

Enjoy,

Katie Valk
Belize

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 07:26 AM
Susan

I don't recall any problems with the water in Belize. I don't think we actually drank the water (we probably drank bottled), but we ate salads, fruits, etc. with no problems.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 02:46 PM
Lan Sluder

Placencia has good water from a modern muncipal system which is perfectly drinkable from the pipe. In most tourist areas of Belize, you can eat and drink most anything without much concern. But bottled water also is widely available.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 08:44 AM
GP

Debbie

I stayed at Kittys a year and a half ago. Drank water out of tap and had no problems. The belikins and rum punch were much better than the water

Go and have fun!
GP Moloney