Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Transportation from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende?

Nov 18th, 2019, 03:49 PM
Wm
Original Poster

You good advise is needed on getting from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende after a 10 days stay in the city: Bus or can you hire a driver? We are willing to spend more for the convenience of being delivered to our vacation rental in San Miguel de Allende. Thank you!
Nov 18th, 2019, 04:20 PM

A bus would certainly be comfortable. The two 1st class lines are Primera Plus and ETN. ETN has a roomier double decker bus but it makes 2 brief stops, thus it takes a bit longer. I live in San Miguel, and from time to time I see some of the pink CDMX taxis here, so that could be an option, but the driver likely won't know San Miguel. My Uber app gives a fare of $3612 pesos from Roma Norte to San Miguel. Another option would be one of the local shuttle companies like Bajiogo. They'll provide a private driver to/from just about anywhere if you're willing to pay, and while their drivers know San Miguel, they may not know CDMX depending where your pickup point is. Here's their site:
https://bajiogo.com
Nov 20th, 2019, 06:07 AM

I usued BajioGo from the airport in DF a few years ago. Apart from the fact that the driver was not to be found, after I phoned him he ran right over, took our bags and we were on our way in a nice car. We requested a lunch stop and he was fine with that (along the highway) and he took us to the house after that with no problems. I would surely use them again although it is not the cheapest way to transfer.
Nov 20th, 2019, 06:30 PM

We took the bus from the airport. Nice ride- was happy my travel partner knew enough Spanish to buy our tickets and get us on our way!
Nov 21st, 2019, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by sunbum1944 View Post
We took the bus from the airport. Nice ride- was happy my travel partner knew enough Spanish to buy our tickets and get us on our way!
The downside of a bus from MEX (Airport) to San Miguel is that the bus (Primera Plus) only goes as far as Queretaro. So from there, it's either taxi, Uber, shuttle or another bus. And the OP will have already spent 10 days in CDMX.