Costa Rica- Arenal or Manuel Antonio?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 10:24 AM
Jen
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rica- Arenal or Manuel Antonio?

What would you do??

We will be in CR in a couple of weeks for a wedding. Briefly, the wedding is in Domenical on a Saturday evening. We then have 2 free nights (Sunday and Monday) to explore somewhere else, before heading back to San Jose on Tuesday night for a flight Wednesday morning. We will have a rental car.

Originally, we had planned to drive to Arenal on Sunday morning-- however, given the driving times, this means we will have only Sunday late afternoon, Monday, and until mid afternoon on Tuesday there. If we do Manuel Antonio, it is much closer to Domenical, so we can arrive late Sunday morning if we leave early enough-- giving us a little more time to enjoy the location.

We want to see some wildlife, do some hiking, check out the rainforest. We'll get some beach-y activities in at Domenical, so probably won't do much of that. It sounds like people like Arenal a bit more, and I agree it sounds awesome, but given our time constraints, which would you choose??
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Jen
Original Poster

ttt
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 08:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dear Jen:

I have not been to CR, yet. We are leaving 11/5. I have read here and in my guide book that Manuel Antonio Park is closed on Monday, so keep that in mind as you make your plans.

Good luck,

MY
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Jen
Original Poster

Whoa! So it is! That was not in the guidebook I looked at, but was noted on the park's website, which I looked at after reading your reply. Well, that makes my decision for me-Arenal it is.

Thanks so much, Michelle-- don't know that I would have found that otherwise.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Yep, the park is closed on Mondays. I would have picked Arenal anyway. Try to get to Cano Negro so you can see the wildlife and then go to the hot springs in the evening. Do a SkyTrek zipline if you have time. Have fun! We absolutely loved Arenal.