Transportation and Villa around Akumal

Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Transportation and Villa around Akumal

I am considering a family vacation to Akumal in July 2007. There are 8 adults plus 4 grandchildren under the age of four. We would probably fly to Cancun from various places all around the U.S., and rent a villa in or around Akumal (we love to snorkel). I have two questions: 1) Is it possible to rent a very large van or hire a small bus to take us to Akumal and visit the surrounding area? I would like to avoid renting two vans, since we're looking for family togetherness. We will want to visit Tulum and Chichen Itza, maybe Cozumel, get to the grocery store, eat at a restaurant or two, and get to some fun snorkeling. 2) I have been searching this site and other web sources for appropriate and safe family villas with at least 5 bedrooms. Does anyone have experience with places such as Casa Delfin, Zen del Mar, Casa Yardena, Villa Kokobeach, Brisa Caribe, or similar villas? They're expensive, but we're happy to cook for ourselves if we can all just be together on the beach for a week. The knowledge of this group is amazing. Thanks so much for your help.

Search this Thread