Search

Tragedy at Aventura Palace

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 06:25 AM
Kevin

Tragedy at Aventura Palace

Please see my comments at: <BR>http://aventurapalace.homestead.com/lagoon.html <BR>

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 05:58 PM
xxxxx

I read with horror your story! People leave caution behind when they leave home! The ocean can be deceivingly trecherous when it appears beautiful. <BR>Please everyone--beware!!!

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 09:25 PM
HarryPotter

Yes a terrible tragedy, as mentioned the Ocean never sleeps. <BR>It's the same from Chile to Alaska, the Pacific is anything but. <BR>I just finished posting a warning on the Lonely Planet TT about a Beach I know in Costa Rica, famous for taking lives. <BR>As a Sportfisherman with extensive International experience it saddens me to think that people can be so careless on holiday. <BR>

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 06:50 PM
Kimi

thanks for posting this important inforamtin!

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 12:44 PM
Brian

How horrendous to witness. The east coast is especially seductive because there usually aren't the large breakers like on the west coast however the slots through the reefs are there for a reason, to release the water pressure. There is a beautiful spot on the west coast called Zipolite where there are so many tourist deaths each year that the officials refer to the beach as Playa de Muerte or Death Beach. The beach is about a mile long with one lifeguard(sometimes)at the far end. By all means go there, it is gorgeous, but be bloody careful! <BR>Brian