Tour Guide Recommendation - Buenos Aires

Old Aug 19th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tour Guide Recommendation - Buenos Aires

Can anyone recommend a tour or tour guide for Buenos Aires? Four of us would like to have an overview of the city - stopping at main sights (we will be able to go back later), showing the neighborhoods, scenic areas, etc. Thanks for your expertise!
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 09:48 AM

Cintia is recommended often here for good reason...she is simply the best English speaking guide in Buenos
Aires. www.wowargentina.com
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 05:26 AM

another option
try www.buenosaires-tours.com
or www.buenosaires-tours.com.ar
good luck
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 10:48 AM

Dear Merryfish,
We are just back from a trip to BA and Brazil and we had the most wonderful guide in Buenos Aires. His name is Robert Wright and he was recommended by someone else on the board some time ago.

We did one of his city walks on Art Nouveau architecture in Buenos Aires which was fascinating, particularly because you can see a wide variety of different European styles of Art Nouveau in BA. He does a variety of different city tours and has a website detailing some of them at www.indepth.com.ar

I'm happy to have an opportunity to recommend him as he is very personable and the tour was very reasonable at $15 each. I think that for at least some of Sept and October he leads groups to Spain and Portugal.

I hope that helps...we had a great time in BA, loved the food and the people!
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 03:59 PM

I am a very satisfied former client of wowargentina...as Dr Dawggy says, Cintia and Mati are the best!

Tell them Debbie says hello
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 08:44 AM

I also give my stamp of approval to Cintia Stella. She will go out of her way for you.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 02:12 PM

Yes please, please use Cintia at wow argentina.

I am just back from BA and it was wonderful...great people, wine, meals, and Tango and Cinita helped my trip to be even better. She is wonderful.

I can't recommend her high enough.

PS Don't miss Iguazu Falls...but be prepared for the heat!
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:28 PM
MQF

I'd like to second strongly the earlier recommendation of Robert Wright. We spent a week in BA in March 2005 and on each of our first three days did one of his tours--Microcentro, Recoleta, and Art Nouveau. If we could have done more with him, we would have.

He's a thorough researcher and knowledgeable in many areas--architecture, history, culture, politics--which he integrates superbly in well-planned tours. I feel I know a good guided walking tour when I experience one since I offer walking tours (and day-trip packages, with a walking-tour component) in our historic small town.

He also responded promptly to my e-mail inquiry not long before our trip. Eternautus (evidently a multi-person business) also seemed a good prospect as a walking-tour provider, but was not as prompt in replying. By the time I heard from them, I was well into making arrangements with Robert.