Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Tour group for 25-year-old couple (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/tour-group-for-25-year-old-couple-217873/)

ape462 Jan 28th, 2003 11:43 AM

Tour group for 25-year-old couple

i'm planning a trip to peru in october.<BR>my boyfriend and i are both 25. is there a tour group that is geared toward our age group? also, i'm interested in finding a tour that does the 4-day hike to machu picchu. i'm undecided whether or not i should go into the jungle. i always get eaten alive by mosquitos no matter how much repellant i wear. i haven't found any tours that day both the 4-day hike and a visit to colca canyon. thanks for your help!

WorldTraveller Jan 29th, 2003 04:43 PM

Try the GAP adventures tour group. They have several Peru trips listed for 2003. The prices are pretty reasonable. www.gapadventures.com

sirius Feb 19th, 2003 10:16 AM

For the Inca Trail I used Andean Life last May and I can Highly recommend them. Their website is www.andeanlife.com. For the Colca Canyon, you can easily book it while you're in Peru like we did. Once we got to Arequipa, we found there are literally dozens of agencies offering Colca Canyon tours. All of them offer roughly the same itineraries at generally similar inexpensive prices. The more expensive ones put you up in fancier hotels enroute. Can't comment on the jungle trip since we didn't get there. I hope you have as good a time as we did!

Cesar_Dominguez Mar 2nd, 2003 08:01 PM

Hola amigos travelers; <BR>According to the new rules of the Peruvian Goverment since 2001, be sure to join a Legal and Reputable Operator that provides the Inka Trail. They must provide you an official english speaking guide, porters and tents in perfect conditions and proper food, some might even catering vegetarian food. They must include the entrance to the Macchu Picchu ruins, and the back train ticket with the tranfers from your hotel to the KM 88 where the Trekking starts and the transfer from the train station in Cuzco back to your accomodation. <BR>Please be aware about those very cheap and not reliable agencies that are crowded in the Main Square in Cuzco. Their price might be tempting but you could be left in the middle of nothing, have a poor service and bad meals or being swindlered. <BR>I work for the Tourist Information Bureau in Lima-Peru and we have a list of reliable wholesalers and tour operators that can provide you these nice service. My only aim is to be of some help and that you have a good time in Peru and not being involved in problems that would waste your vacations. <BR>I like to post messages here from time to time and I have met many travelers from all over the world so if you would like to check about my honesty and accuarity I can send you a file of contacts of travelers that I have helped in the last five years. They might be colse to your location. <BR>I'm not going to ask you any extra fee or money I have my salary. Please check my homepage! <BR>WELCOME TO PERU THE PROUD LAND OF THE INCAS <BR><BR>Cesar Dominguez <BR>A Peruvian Youngman Of Honor! <BR>Homepage: http://connect.to/Peru <BR>[email protected], [email protected] <BR>ID# 07626628 (National Peruvian Legal Identification) <BR>LIMA -PERU <BR>SOUTH AMERICA <BR>

12345678 Mar 7th, 2003 04:23 PM

Hello dears Travellers<BR>These are Silvia &amp; Diana from Lima Peru, two University student touris area at the moment we are making our tesis at the International Airport for the tourist information bureau, many tourist go to our ofice looking for frree plans of Lima, maps of Peru, buses Trains ,planes schedules and list of acommodations in Lima and all Peru, most of them Travel to Pisco ( Ballestas Island ) Nazca ( Nazca Lineas ) Arequipa ( Colca Canyon ) Puno ( Titicaca Lake ) Cuzco ( Machupicchu, inka trail 04 days / 03 nights ) Amazon Manu Expeditions Jungle of Iquitos, we speak.English, Germany, Italian and Japanese any other information feel free to mail us<BR>[email protected]<BR>Silvia &amp; Diana