Reload this Page >

Cabo - Hope we made the right choice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 12:16 PM
DaNeice

First time to Cabo. Coming with Husband and parents. Will be in staying at Hacienda Del Mar in April 2001. I believe accomadation is a condo - anyone seen it or stayed there? Where on Corridor/Beach is Hacienda Del Mar? Walking Distance to anything? Is Beach safe-wave-wise? Any shells on any beach? Best Snorkel Spots? Tours/Places not to miss? Fishing info - bringing no equipment. Grocery Stores? Best way to get around other than rental car. Any maps of area showing where Hotels, beaches, restaurants etc are? Thanking you in advance for any & all information!!!

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 01:51 PM
Mike Wheeler

Your hotel is on the corridor, a 22 mile stretch between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. It is not within walking distance of anything. Taxis are the most economical way to get around as rental cars are expensive. The best snorkeling is at Santa Maria Bay. For maps (with hotels shown) and other info, check out www.loscabosguide.com.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 06:18 PM
Carl Z

For fishing check out this well-regarded outfit <BR>http://www.reeldanger.com/

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 01:15 PM
Kris

Just got back from Cabo last week. Great time. You can find just about any activity, including deep sea fishing, by the marina in Cabo. If you like to golf, I highly recommend Cabo Del Sol. It is pricey ($281 per round), but definately worth it if you are an avid golfer or have a strong appreciation for nature. Course is beautiful and challenging. Mike is right about the rental cars. Another couple we were with paid $80 for a sedan for 1 day. The hotels will be happy to get you a taxi to anywhere. We were located closer to San Jose del Cabo, but a taxi ride to Cabo San Lucas was just $5-6 per person, in groups of 6-10. <BR> <BR>As for the beach, you have to pick your position. Some are safe and some are not. Sand is much more rough than the NJ shore. Have a great time!

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 08:37 AM
Alexandra

Hi, <BR> <BR>We were in Cabo San Lucas last year and we stayed at the Hotel Cabo San Lucas which is also on the corridor, but we decided to rent a car. the transportation in and out of the airport is expensive. <BR>We got a great deal by calling Avis (in the US) and booking it in advance, we paid about 35 USD per day for a compact car. We also had a lot of freedom, so were able to sightsee all throughout the area. <BR> <BR>Alexandra

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 10:47 AM
DaNeice

A big Thanks for the responses. <BR>I really appreciate the constructive <BR>feedback and informative links!! <BR>I know we will enjoy ourselves - no matter what - Hey it is time away from the daily grind of work!!