Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   They're publishing some of our photos in the CR guide (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/theyre-publishing-some-of-our-photos-in-the-cr-guide-810492/)

volcanogirl Oct 15th, 2009 03:14 PM

They're publishing some of our photos in the CR guide

Hi, guys - Katie just let me know that some of the photos we sent in for the CR photo contest are going to be printed in the guide, so be on the lookout. :)

shillmac Oct 15th, 2009 03:44 PM

This is terrific! Just had an e-mail from plumboy. Some of his photos are being published as well. I got a quote e-mail, and was excited about that once again. Katie knows it doesn't take much to give us Fodor friends a thrill! :)

Percy Oct 15th, 2009 03:47 PM

Okay ladies I will be waiting to see those photos again.

Congratulations!

hipvirgochick Oct 15th, 2009 03:54 PM

Thanks for posting vgirl! Did yours make it in? I just checked my old e-mail and sure enough, page 504. :-) Sounds like a lot more photos than we thought are being included, eh? plumboy has 3!!! shillmac got quoted because we know how much she likes to talk. ;-) Just kidding!

Thanks Katie!

shillmac Oct 15th, 2009 03:56 PM

Well, let me just tell YOU a thing or two. . . :D

hipvirgochick Oct 15th, 2009 03:59 PM

Hey Percy -- Have you been lurking lately? Is your hand getting a TINY bit better? Will you be posting any photos of your Africa trip, or do you do that sort of thing?

plumboy Oct 15th, 2009 04:11 PM

Congrats everyone! Yeah, it doesn't take much to get me excited. But it does feel good -- brightened my otherwise dreary day to get home and have that email sitting there. A bona fide published photographer, sort of -- woo hoo! I thought this contest was way over. A nice little surprise.

raquel_z Oct 15th, 2009 04:21 PM

Hi,

I got the same email this afternoon and my reactions were just like Plumboy's - :)
I had forgotten all about the contest. Can't even remember which photo it was - all I know it was one of a sloth. (page 14 says the message)

Congratulations to everyone else.

raquel

colibri Oct 15th, 2009 04:39 PM

Me, too, me, too! I'm flying high - a photo on page 28 and a quote! I was thrilled with the quote (wondering what the heck I said that was guide worthy), then got another e-mail about the photo of two sweet little girls from the school in Brasilito where I volunteered. Pura Vida!!

Congrats to everyone - glad to be in such esteemed company.

RAC Oct 15th, 2009 05:05 PM

They only quoted me.

But, one of my pics is being published in the new Frommers, so it's all good. :)

volcanogirl Oct 15th, 2009 05:30 PM

Raquel, your sloth must have beat out my sloth! I have a MA beach photo and a macaw. Colibri, does this get me off the hook?!

Monica, I wonder if your frog pic will be on the cover? That was a great picture. Congrats to everyone.

colibri Oct 15th, 2009 06:11 PM

VG - no, you aren't off the hook since these were old photos! We're still waiting for those you took this summer - I'll be back home at Thanksgiving and will probably post photos from this trip before you get around to sharing yours! :-))

Percy Oct 15th, 2009 07:20 PM

hipvirgochick

I did a trip report on my Africa Safari and I sent e-mails to shillmac( talk about being spoiled !!!).

I usually do not post pictures but if you want to see a few just e-mail me and I will send you 8-12 . :)

I was to have Carpal Tunnel Surgery on Monday ( October 19th) but the numbness has improved but just a little...so now it is wait and see !

Boy that volcanogirl, shillmac and plumboy sure know how to monopolize the new guide .....oops ,I am going to I-) before I get into further trouble.!

Looking forward to seeing the new guide.
Good Night everyone

Stjerne Oct 16th, 2009 12:40 AM

Sign me up on the yeehaa-i-got-a-mail-from-Katie list.
Late last night i was informed, that they will use 2 of my photos in the Costa Rica book. So cool!!

volcanogirl Oct 16th, 2009 03:35 AM

I can't wait to see everyone's pics - sounds like the guides will be here soon.

Percy, big hug to you, and I hope your surgery is very, very successful. I know it's been a long haul.

owlwoman Oct 16th, 2009 05:20 AM

Me too, they used an Arenal pic, page 188 and was quoted too...very exciting!

Percy, I'll have to read your Africa Safari TR, really considering this for our big 20th next year.

But then again, CR always calls me.....

MonicaRichards Oct 16th, 2009 10:47 AM

We have two in the book, the frog picture that won grand prize on page 2 and a photo we took of our balcony at Bosque del Cabo on page 511.

plumboy Oct 16th, 2009 12:06 PM

In case you haven't done this, you can go to Amazon and look at the Fodor's Costa Rica 2010 guide. I was excited that you can see the first 15 pages (with some of our photos!). You can also hit the "surprise me!" button and probably see more. I guess I didn't realize it was out already. I'm headed to Barnes and Noble right now -- can't wait...

Percy Oct 16th, 2009 01:12 PM

Owlwoman

If you want to read the Africa report ....go to the Africa Forum and it is titled

"Out of Africa Trip Report"

I hope you go next year...it is a trip of a lifetime.!

volcanogirl.....Thank You

volcanogirl Oct 16th, 2009 06:36 PM

Percy - of course.

plum, can we expect you to have all our quotes typed up for us so we know what we said?! :)