Search

Thanksgiving in Cancun?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanksgiving in Cancun?

Looking for a good place to vacation over Thanskgiving (Tues-Sunday). Family with 18 and 15 year olds. Hear Cancun is a bit like Miami Beach. True? Is there snorkling there? Sightseeing? Looking for all suggestions as I know very little about Latin American vacation spots. Hoping for easy flight access to maximize vacation time.
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Didn't realize my husband had already asked. But I have questions about snorkling. Is it better in Cancun or Palya Del Carmen?
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 04:29 PM

Have been to cancun for 3 T-days. Always had good weather and the crowds were OK. Snorkeling is good in Isla Mujeres, off the Club Med coast and at Snorkeling Adventure tour (the best!)

The hotel zone is a small land mass and unless your kids like shopping check out the tours to Xcaret, Xel Ha and Tulum. A day trip to Cozumel is fun too.
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 04:39 PM

Hi Ellen:

I think you all will have a great time in Cancun, and I second the idea to look into Xcaret and the ruins for some options for you and your children. Cancun can be "like Miami Beach" if you let it (although they do speak English in Cancun . However, it can be much mor than Miami if you take the time to explore and dive into the available culture.

Let me know if you have any more questions (feel free to e-mail me), and I'll be glad to try to help you....Regards,

Enrique
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:14 PM

I attemted to snorkle at the state park in Cancun (near Club Med) at the south end of the hotel zone last week, and found that it was not worth the $12.00 spent on renting the gear...rocky coast (rough on the feet), swift current and few fish. The best snorkling is at Cozumel, fifty miles by boat from Cancun. Your hotel can help you arrange a day trip.