Thank you everybody - here are my plans for my c.r trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2007, 07:11 PM
GlMcGuire

Hi everybody!

Firstly I want to thank you all for all your kindness you sure helped a lot! Especially GlMcGuire, Earthtraveler and Shillmac.

Following your recommendations and based on other info that I read on the internet these are my plans for trip in Costa Rica:

Days 1-2: Lands in love Cloud forest, GlMcGuire recommended and I also read great reviews on the web. I couldn’t find even one bad word only good things about the place – all saying that it's a home away from home and a magical place so i'll do the canopy and canyoning over there too, I already looked for prices turns out they have 10% discount for people that say that they heard about them here, the location is great for me not far from the airport and close to Arenal my next destination.

Days 3-4: Arenal volcano inn – about this hotel I also read great reviews so I guess I can't miss on this one too, at the volcano I'm going to the baldi and to do some hiking at the rain forest.

Days 5-7: I decided to stay close and go to playa Hermosa south of Jaco I will go there to Fuego del Sol (thanks Earthtraveler!) not going to do much there just relaxing have a good time.

Days 8-12: Montezuma - Ylang Ylang (thanks again Earthtraveler) really exited about getting there after hearing so many good things about, Ylang Ylang seems like incredible place.

Let me know what you think of the choices I made!

Old Feb 18th, 2007, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds good!
Manuel Antonio is about 1 hr south of Hermosa if you decide you want to tour the Nat Park and enjoy the beautiful beaches there. Closed on Mondays.
Hermosa is a beautiful black sand beach
which is nice for a stroll and body/board surfing.

Have a wonderful journey!
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 04:01 AM

Sounds great. I'm confused though, you thank GlMcGuire for advice and rec. on hotel, but you're GlMcGuire, aren't you?
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 04:07 AM

He's only GIMcGuire when he's shilling for Lands in Love....LOL.......
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 09:19 AM

On second thought not sure why you picked Playa Hermosa unless you want to surf. We spent a couple nights there on our first west coast CR tip.
It would have been better for us to go the extra distance to Manuel Antonio as the area is much more beautiful and especially in the Park or Playa Biesanz.
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 10:15 AM

It may a moot point now as the OP has unregistered his/her account after accidently getting more than one account mixed up.
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 11:25 AM

Glad I haven't taken any free or discounted rooms from anyone with you on watch!!!!!

Good observation tully.
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 05:55 PM

Tully, you've missed your calling!
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 06:55 PM

I honestly wasn't trying to chase them away though - I just thought it was funny they got their screen names mixed up. I don't get the whole multiple screen names thing myself.