Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Tentative Plans for Argentina (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/tentative-plans-for-argentina-746308/)

Schaff76 Nov 2nd, 2007 08:03 PM

Tentative Plans for Argentina

We are three singles in our early 30's and are planning a trip to Argentina and Uraguay. (Two felames and one male)

This is our tentative plan so far and we would love to have recommendations on hotels to stay at in Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls and Punta Del Este.

Jan 24- Arrive in Buenos Aires and spend 3 nights there. Does anyone have any tips on a decently priced hotel that is near the nightlife?
Jan 27-31 Fly to Punta Del Este Hotel Recommendations?
Jan 31st Fly back to Buenos Aires and try to catch a flight to Iguazu Falls the same day
Jan 31st-Feb 2nd Iguaza Falls
Feb 2nd-6th back in Buenos Aires...

I realize there are two airports in Buenos Aires.... which one can we get the flights to and from Iguazu and Punta Del Este.

Is this too much traveling?

Any comments or recommendations would be a great help!

avrooster Nov 3rd, 2007 01:12 AM

As far as the airports are concerned, you use the local (AEP is the symbol, I believe) airport for both Punta del Este and Iguazú, so that is not a problem.

bettyo70 Nov 13th, 2007 05:57 AM

Hi Schaff,

We're going to BA in mid-April.

I was told that the best clubs (Pacha, Crobar, Mint) are in areas without a lot of hotels. But taxis are inexpensive, so it's no problem to get home.

In Palermo (Soho/Hollywood), you are near many cafes, bars, shops and a few clubs. People also like Recoleta, but apparently the transportation is a little less convenient than in Palermo, I think.

Please report back here about your trip and any places you discover!

Cheers

Scarlett Nov 13th, 2007 07:09 AM

It does sound like a lot of travel in a short amount of time.

BA-there is nightlife everywhere, easy to get around by taxi which is very affordable and late at night, a smart option.

Palermo and Recoleta are good for hotels and nightlife, shopping and sightseeing but you can get all over town easily so don't limit your hotel to where a particular entertainment can be found.

With your needing to book fairly soon if this is for this Jan/Feb..you might want to consider an apt rental also..this way you can leave your belongings while you go here and there and return to the same apt in BA..

I know nothing about Punta del Este besides what my friend who lives there tells me lol but I do know that you should find a place and book immediately..imagine the Hamptons in summer..Miami in December...

One of the big probs with trying to fly into BA and out the same day is the unreliability of the Airlines..
I have heard one night in Iguazu can be sufficient if that would help..

Hope this helps :)

bettyo70 Nov 13th, 2007 11:20 AM

Hi Scarlett!

Are you currently living in BA now?

I was going to start a new post "Is Scarlett around?"

I will probably be asking you some questions soon.

Hope you are well!!

Scarlett Nov 13th, 2007 11:37 AM

LOL, Hi Betty!! Yep, we moved to Buenos Aires at the end of April...just finishing the renovations on our new very old apartment :)

We are sooo happy here..I will be glad to be of any help but being such a newbie, I am not the best person to ask sometimes.. ((F)) But I will try !!