Tell me about Gala Resort Playacar

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Joe

Tell me about Gala Resort Playacar

We've just booked at this resort for the end of February. Can anyone tell me about it? Last year we stayed at the Reef Club and enjoyed it, especially the short walk in to town. Is Gala a reasonable walk along the beach to Playa?

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Fae

We stayed at the Gala Resort about 2 years ago. We borrowed bikes from the hotel to bike into town. We didn't have locks for them, but they were perfectly safe where we left them. I guess if you're more athletic-oriented than us, you could walk there. We were there in June, so I guess it was much hotter then. We enjoyed this resort, especially the a la carte Mexican restaurant.

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 11:45 AM
pat

we stayed at the Gala last year. Had a
great time. wonderful food, especially the Mexican restaurant. Ask for Lucky Luciani in this restaurant. Great beach.

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Joyce

I like the rooms and layout of the Gala better than the Reef Club.
The Reef Club is closer to town, however.
The Italian Resturant at the Gala is also quite good and the Disco was fun.
I think the Beach at the Gala is better.
You will enjoy this resort

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Juli

We stayed at the Gala in May 2000 and had a fantastic time. Our package included a dive per day and since my husband loves to dive this was great!. The rooms were nice, but modest. This was ok since we didn't spend alot of time there. We had an oceanfront room so we were able to walk right out onto the beach. Resort is smaller than some of the other Playacar resorts, but I think smaller is better. Food was good at both the Mexican and Italian restaurants. Service ws wonderful and the people were very friendly and accomodating. We rented bikes to ride into town. The walk was a little long if you plan to go shopping. We loved it so much we are going again in two weeks!

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:51 AM
Sheri

Whats not to like! Stayed there for the last two years. Second yr even better than the first. Good food, very clean, excellent staff, there is just nothing to complain about ( & I'm a female!) Going to try Puerto Vallarta this year for something different, but will miss the Gala. Have a great time.