Taxi from Mexico City airport to hotel?

May 2nd, 2005, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Taxi from Mexico City airport to hotel?

My girlfriend needs a taxi from the airport to the Hotel Catedral. Does anyone know approximately she should be charged?
May 2nd, 2005, 09:55 AM
Pausanias

She should take *only* the pre-paid "Transportacion Terrestre" taxis. You buy your ticket from a kiosk near the international arrivals area. A few years back the fare to the Zocalo area was about $15.00 US, to Zona Rosa about $18.00, The fare is good for four people and reasonable baggage.

May 2nd, 2005, 04:58 PM

One important detail, at the airport now there are two kiosks side by side and THEY are not the SAME. I do not remember exactly but I think that the good guys have like the design of a plane in the door of the car , it says Transportacion terrestre, and have a number like 300 or 3000 I am sure someone can correct me.
What I do know that we arrived at the Airport
knowing that we had to look for the kiosk which we did but as I said there were two of them, I speak Spanish so that helped me, one was much more expensive than the other. So do your homework and find out exactly which are the good guys. OK?
Also when coming out of the plane and walking towards the exit of the airport you will see Money Exchange kiosks the further you walk towards the exit the better the rates. Do not stop then at the first one, I think that there are three or four ...

Search this Thread