Tambor Costa Rica

Old Feb 12th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tambor Costa Rica

Has anyone stayed at Los Delfines in Tambor? I am going in 2 weeks. I am interested to hear an opinion of it from anyone who has stayed there. I am also interested to know if anyone took a day trip from there to the volcanoe at Arenal. (I assume a fly in/fly out in one day or over night)as well as any other recommended day trips. I will be there for 1 week. Thank you!
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 05:31 AM

I did not stay there, but had lunch there on my way to Mal Pais.
The grounds look very nice. Huge pool by the restaurant...strangely, NO ONE was in it! Maybe everyone was down by the beach?
As for Arenal, there are no flights to Arenal, so you'd have to take a car...and it will take a while so spending a night in the area is a good idea!
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. Was the food any good at the restaurant? What was there to see in Mal Pais? Would it be worth a day trip from Los Delfines to go there? I think I heard about a canopy tour there?
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 06:13 AM

The food was quite good. It was 'lunchtime' so we stopped in for a quick bite. I don't recall seeing much in the way of 'Tico' food on the menu...mostly American type food. I think my husband had a Club sandwich and fries and I had a Chef Salad. Nothing great, but good.
As for what to see in Mal Pais? Nothing, really! It's just a small 'surfer' town. There is a National Park nearby that would probably be worth a visit though. I didn't hear anything about a canopy tour, but if there is one, I'm sure Los Delfines would know!
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Ally!