taking a small gift to costa rica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to take small gifts to Costa Rica to show appreciation for all their work on our behalf. A tip will be given, but can anyone suggest gifts? First for the driver that will be taking us from point a to point b. Then perhaps some of the guides that do an excellent job, Do you know of anything that they ( the locals) are fond of from the US? If any were going to South Africa, I would say (lived there 4 years) right away - ink pens, ball caps, and t-shirts with logos - and they wouldn't have to be new, could take what you have at home and they would love it. So could anyone tell me something to take in our back packs to give to those who work so hard on our behalf? Thanks again for the help - it's only 6 days and we'll be going to Washington DC to fly out - hard to believe after all this planning the time is almost here!!
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 12:12 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I think generous tips (cash) is the very best "gift" you can give.
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly we just do cash, but if I wanted to bring a gift, I'd probably bring something that's special to my area, a little box of candy or something similar. If you were giving to kids, I would say t-shirts or ball caps with sports teams logos from your area. Costa Ricans can get just about anything that we can get here. Exciting that your trip is coming up!