Reload this Page >

swim w/dolphins in Puerto Vallarta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 1999, 10:23 AM
sharyn

I've seen on a site search one that said "swim with the dolphins" but there wan't any info about it there. Anyone ever hear of this in PV? I've read here that on some of the cruises/tours, you may get to see alot of dolphins. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Old Nov 23rd, 1999, 06:19 PM
jj

You can "swim" and touch a dolphin in Nuevo Vallarta (n. of PV) in a controlled artificial setting. Never did it there, but saw it.

Old Nov 24th, 1999, 05:36 AM
Nina

Sharyn: You can swin with the dolphins in Nuevo Vallarta. JJ is right, it's a confined pen, we took a local bus to the area and was very disappointed from what we saw, also, the cost is every expensive it was around $140 US per person. We never did swim with the dolphins due to the setting.

Old Nov 24th, 1999, 06:04 AM
JR in PV

Hi Sharyn, I'm sorry but I don't like the idea of captive dolphins which they have in Nuevo Vallarta. <BR>There is an excursion that takes you out into the bay and finds pods of dolphins - some known to the operators - and, if conditions are OK (like they are not feeding) you can enter the water with them. There's no guaranty, but they have a marine biologist on board and give you a lot of info. BTW the whales are here already, but can not be closely approached till Dec 15th.

Old Nov 24th, 1999, 09:27 AM
sharyn

I'm not talking about captive dolphins. EW! I do not support any business that holds dolphins. I just want to go out and watch them play and may be get to play with them.

Old Nov 24th, 1999, 03:55 PM

Hi, I swam with the dolphins in Nuevo Vallarta and it was absolutely excellent. The dolphins are treated very well, and can actually leave the large swimming-pools to swim in the bay but always come back on their own. I also booked a tour to swim with the dolphins in the wild, because I just love dolphins, but unfortunately we did not see any dolphins at all during this tour !! I booked both activities with Royale Tours Puerto Vallarta ( $ 130 US for the dolphin swim in Nuevo Vallarta and $ 60 US for the Dolphins in the Wild tour ), and I have to say that at Royale Tours they did inform me that it could happen that you do not see any dolphins on this dolphins in the wild - tour. They even tried to make me change my reservations to another tour, where I would have more attractions besides the dolphins. Anyway, these are my experiences, hopefully they are helpful to anyone going to PVR.

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 10:50 AM
DeLeta

Hi Sharyn! Since you said in a follow-up post that you'd like to do a Wild Dolphin Encounter, I'd like to suggest you look at this website and then e-mail Twin Dolphins Dive Center, Giovanni Macedo owner/manager. I was diving with them just a month ago and really enjoyed it although the water was SO cold and visibility was not good. Here is the website address: http://twindolphins.com.mx. The e-mail addressis: [email protected] Giovanni is very personable and has been diving in the Bay for many many years. He does not believe in "captive dolphins" and although, as you are already aware, no one can guarantee a wild dolphin encounter, he will certainly do his best. If nothing else, you will enjoy looking at his website! <BR> <BR>Let me know if I can help you any other way. I'm at work so my folder is at home! <BR> <BR>DeLeta

Old Dec 5th, 1999, 02:53 PM
PT

Hola Sharyn...am not sure if you received my email regarding our DOLPHINS IN THE WILD, as I emailed you directly. This tour is an awesome way to interact and observe the dolphins in their own, natural habitat! We head out into the bay, max amt of people 12 to be with the dolphins. It depends on Mother Nature if you are able to swim with them or not ! Please email me directly for more detailed information. We do not believe in keeping any of these creatures in captivity....these are free! PT

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 09:45 AM
Jenn

Does anyone know about swimming with the dolpins in Cancun or possibly where I can get more information? Thank you!