suzie2 or anyone with input re; dominical/uvita area

Old Jan 17th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suzie2 or anyone with input re; dominical/uvita area

suzie2
I finally got an availability response from finca bavaria....i also got 4 other responses today...looking for feedback. Finca Bavaria, Villas Gaia, and the Necochea Inn. Villas de las Aves (new place, not sure if they can actually accomodate yet), and Villa Baha (a little pricier than the others. The final leg of my trip....any feedback is appreciated...based on your first response suzie, i'm leaning toward finca bavaria?? our friends also like the looks of villas gaia??
thanks!
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 07:55 AM

Hi steph,
Villas Gaia has had a pretty good reputation for awhile now. It has access to the beach. It does have a restaurant which is a plus if you want a box lunch for the day or are tired and don't want to go out for dinner. The rooms are individual cabinas which you might enjoy more. Can't say how the truck noises will be up there as I haven't stayed there.

Finca Bavaria, run by a young German couple. They are leasing/running it for a short time from the actual owner who didn't want the bother of a hotel anymore. The breakfast is extra and good. Other meals were not available but they were very helpful in recommending places and helping with reservations at one place. They keep everything spotless. The bedding was a little worn. For what they are charging we didn't complain. Because of the long drive up from the road it is wonderfully quiet. The rooms are in two buildings and are connected to each other. We were the only guests in our area so can't say how sounds will travel between rooms.

Both have nice landscaping.

Have not heard anything about the others. The two rentals look wonderful. I like the location and looks of Villas de las Aves. Definitely more expensive but looks like a nice splurge for the last leg. It is always easy spending others money so you will have to call that one based on what you want to spend. With the 10 per cent discount right now it might be worth it.

Old Jan 18th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

hey suzie,
thanks for the input! I am the one that always books our trips, whether it is just my husband and i, or with another couple, or my annual "girl trip", but for some reason, this time i'm overwhelmed by either "all the decisions" or lack thereof in some places...or maybe it's my overloaded work schedule...anyway, all the input has been helpful and much apprediated...i sent your post to my friends, i'm letting them make this decision
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 05:30 AM

Steph,
I just found this forum (we are planning another trip to CR next year) and saw that you asked about Villa Baha. We stayed there last year. The place is amazing; very private, beautiful grounds with fountains, incredible views of the ocean up to Manuel Antonio. It's up on a ridge about 1,000 feet, I think, so it was always cooler than at the beach, and ther were no mosquitos. The big problem was deciding where to plunk myself down every morning to have my coffee; too many choices...the pool, the garden and fountain, up on one of the roof-top decks from where you can see everything.

It was a liitle further from the beach and town than we would have liked, but definately worth the extra 10 minute drive.

It was a bit of a splurge for us, but we decided that, compared to the cost of two hotel rooms (we have 2 teenagers), it was worth it.

Old Mar 6th, 2008, 08:15 AM

We stayed at Villa Baha is December and it was fantastic. Three Adults and two children (9 & 11). So beautiful and full of wild life.